Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BackCountry Navigator for Android phones

Re: BackCountry Navigator for Android phones

downloading the free demo now...
    My signature

so i just plopped down "cash" on the full version.

any tips on getting maps on there and where to get them from? we will be using this tomorrow since my regular gps is uncooperative atm, and the other avenues on android disappoint me.

thanks!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

pm'ed details. its kinda a hack haha

got it, stock maps were good enough to figure it out.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Have you guys had any issues with missing cached map tiles on Backcountry Navigator? I find the USGS topo maps to be of the most use, however as I zoom in it occasionally looses map tiles.

I bought a 7" Samsung Galaxy tablet (Android) that I intend to use in place of my current 4" Dell Axim PDA. I will remove the silver dock and use something along the lines of a RAM mount, only I am undecided where to place it at this point.

I just upgraded my phone to the RAZR, and looking for a decent yet free, topo map app, any others out there worth anything lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

BCN pro is worth the 9 or 10 dollars it is (i dont remember which)

it got us through Mojave perfectly, with only the downloaded gpx file being a little off in some places (mainly the river washes). it was a perfect addition to my phone. and to my offroad kit.

ken, i have had that issue very minimally. not sure what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz

ken, i have had that issue very minimally. not sure what the problem is.
    He mentioned, and it makes perfect sense, that it might be map boarders. When you select an area to download it pulls in the maps up to the zoom level you select. If you choice your area in a very zoomed out view yet want to see maps at max zoom level you pull different maps (24k, 100k, etc). These maps have different boarders, the larger maps having larger boarders. As you zoom in and out you'll get to the edges of a certain map in different locations. If that makes sense.

I had that once it seems, but I zoomed in and out I believe and it fixed itself.

Still nothing else out there that comes close to this program.

There is another software package that gets really good reviews and that's OruxMaps, also available on the Google Play (Android apps) website. I am demo'ing it now.

I will keep playing with Backcountry Navigator and see if the missing tiles is a consistent problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast