Thread: Compass Rose or Waymarker Challenge/Game

Compass Rose or Waymarker Challenge/Game

Rule's are pretty simple here,

1. You have to get a picture of a compass rose or waymarker you've been to and post a picture of it along with the geo's (cross streets also acceptable).

2. It has to have Toyota Content, like your rig or whatever (shirt, logo, cup, Toyota Forum Site Window Sticker, you get the idea.)

3. You can tag someone's post with a repeat but you also have to provide a link to their original post.

I'll start it out.

Alameda, California at the intersection of Ford and Peterson Streets. Looks like it's in need of some repainting. Taken from the driver's seat of my 4Runner with the hood included.

Navigator

Re: Compass Rose or Waymarker Challenge/Game

i've never even seen one of those things.. are they a norcal thing?
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Rule's are pretty simple here,

1. You have to get a picture of a compass rose or waymarker you've been to and post a picture of it along with the geo's (cross streets also acceptable).

2. It has to have Toyota Content, like your rig or whatever (shirt, logo, cup, Toyota Forum Site Window Sticker, you get the idea.)

3. You can tag someone's post with a repeat but you also have to provide a link to their original post.

I'll start it out.

Alameda, California at the intersection of Ford and Peterson Streets. Looks like it's in need of some repainting. Taken from the driver's seat of my 4Runner with the hood included.
    roughly translated hes saying this:
    I found this one day and googled what it was after I took this pic. Isnt it weird looking in the middle of the street? Anyone ever seen one outside a airport?

Actually yes and no. I know what it is, didn't need to use google at all, although google might be cool to see if there are more around here (outside of the area code).

well google might have been one way to see where they are or if more exist... or the picture challenge route is always an option? :P

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    well google might have been one way to see where they are or if more exist... or the picture challenge route is always an option? :P
    Huh? I'm not seeing your point since I now where all the local stuff is.

It's just a game.

@Crinale, not necessarily a NorCal thing, mostly it's because of the history behind Alameda being a major Naval port and Oakland being a port-of-call. There's a ton of waymarker stuff all over the United States, right down to those brass marker's up on some of Rubicon.

Compass Rose (n)- also referred to as a windrose. A figure on or representing a compass, map, nautical chart or monument used to display the orientation of the cardinal directions — North, East, South and West - and their intermediate points.

Waymarker (n)-(Mathematics & Measurements / Navigation) a symbol or signpost marking the route of a footpath.

For example, it can be as simple as that shot of Lance's Rig in Death Valley.
    [img width=800 height=532]http://www.chaosedition.com/photogallery/images/Death%20Valley/2006-03-28/Picture-076.jpg[/img]
    *Lance hope it's ok to borrow this image since one day I plan on tagging it back.