Thread: Anyone have a hook up on mountain bike frames?

Anyone have a hook up on mountain bike frames?

I'm in the market for a nice lightweight hardtail frame. New would be great but I am entertaining used ones as well. For now I'm also looking for a frame that excepts 26" wheels because I already have them. I would entertain another 29'er though because I need a fork too.

This would be used for XC racing and run disc brakes so a disc specific frame would be great. Size would be a large (17"-19") depending on the brand. No steel bikes as I need something light. Just throwing it out there in case someone has a lead. CL is full of dead ends and my LBS' want too much for most everything they have in their shops.

Re: Anyone have a hook up on mountain bike frames?

Still nothing on my end since I am only contracting right now. If I see something in a backroom or on clearance I'll give ya a head's up.

Honestly, people did not buy up this season since it was such a hard winter. Maybe if the manufacturer's screwed up again with overages there will be som e closeout teardown-partial's if you can wait until Dec-Jan?

I'm in no hurry but want something before too long. I spend most of my time on the road and still have my SS for the dirt but enjoy the gears for longer better rides.

Well seeing as how interhype's in a couple of weeks gimme some ideas on who's stuff you'd like to ride and I'll put feelers out w/ my local reps. Also tried your connections at all??

IIRC Todd@ Cambria mentioned they'd have Ibis Tranny's going on sale soon. Too bad you said "no steel" b/c I was gonna say Salsa Ala'Carte since I love them.

Side note, this place I'm contracting at, the Service Manager also has an IF Beatstick. What're the odds that there'd be two people who own them, let alone two people who even know what they are and are even made? *Own(ed)..sold mine a couple months back to help cover my out of pocket medical expenses. I plan on getting a new one sometime next year if I am good to go by then.