Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20110911 holcomb valley/ clarks grade and skyline drive

20110911 holcomb valley/ clarks grade and skyline drive

Fun jaunt up clarks grade (1920's BB access road) and over skyline dr. After that time and group ability will govern additional trails.

difficulty:2.5-3.0 trail-rating

when/where: Sunday 9:00AM Redlands Walmart

communications:
    CB channel: 14
    FRMS/GRMS channel: 15 (bring two radios to share with a CB equiped rig)
    2M HAM: 146.430MHZ (UY simplex primary). also have keller peak, Rodman, bigbear...more to come repeaters
    70CM HAM: as needed

requirments:
    -working reliable truck this is not a recovery run
    -Adventure pass
    -full gas tank
    -spare tire within 3" of your other tires
    -28" or greater tires
    -Lunch and plenty of water
    -everything needed for rainy mountain weather.

Recommended:
    -31" tires
    -4x4
    -AT or MT tires
    -flashlights for any mines encountered

Weather

Its expected to rain this weekend. That will make it pretty chilly up on the mtn tops where we are headed...Dress accordingly

Re: 20110911 holcomb valley

sorry troy, dont think i can make this one. im knee deep in floor tile...

lets see how much i get done by friday and ill update, but it dont look good as of now.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

troy, by holcomb valley, do you mean 3n16? or are you planning on running holcomb creek? thats a medium from what i remember back in 07. otherwise, trails like jacoby canyon are awesome.

im planning my tiling around taking sunday off for a day off.

keep me informed. you have my cell as well (im only on the computer for a bit at a time) im itching to hit the trails though!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I guess its holcome creek. I havnt run it yet but I figured its about equal with gold mtn. Jacoby is always fun or even just hanging on the east side of the lake.

holcomb creek is my favorite trail of all time. i have a weird fascination with river beds. ever since i was little. let me know the details of where and when, and lexi and i will be there!

perfect! Ill iron it out before the weekend but most likely 8 am meet in BB

Wish I could make it, but I will be out of town.
    2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

Hey Troy, are you still guys doing this run? I'm putting the lift and new tires on tomorrow, and Sunday would be a perfect time to get some wheeling in. Only problem is that I'll be at the Pala race the day before, so that might make for a really long tiring weekend for the family.
    Let me see if I can convince them and I'll let you know if I can meet you out there ASAP.

heck yeah the run is on! that would be perfect. I dont know where pala is but you guys can crash in wrightwood if it helps

looks like we have a chance of rain up there.

CANT FRICKEN WAIT!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast