Thread: Last minute NorCal trip.

2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Re: Last minute NorCal trip.

I will have to catch you guys next time. Be sure to post up some pics when you return!

I'm helping my sister move this weekend so I'm out too. Sounds like a fun trip though.

Do you think any of the 4x4norcal guys would be interested in the Pardoe Trip?

^^^ went there a month ago, it was a lot more difficult than the years before. We do a group trip ( 16 trucks this year ) every year in august.
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It's Modified.

MaK92-4Rnr, you guys did Pardoe? I know the YT guys do a trip up there.

Yeah I went with the YT group. I'll link you the trip report thread. It was seriously a lot more difficult than last years. we had a few stock trucks, but they needed serious spotting and only 1 of the stock trucks went through without body damage.

The link has tons of pictures and such.

http://www.yotatech.com/f100/2nd-ann...8-11-a-240480/

As far as difficulty goes. on the 2nd rock garden, NO ONE got pictures because we were all too distracted with spotting and getting everyone through with no damage... the 2nd rock garden took us like an hour and a 1/2 with 16 trucks to get through it unscathed... The trucks that were geared/locked got the most damage ( only minor bumps, scuffs and scratches ) But I believe the most carnage we had was a blown tire

Cool. I wasn't sure if you were talking about Matt's trip or Pardoe. We're planning on going on the 15th. I'll check out the pictures. It's never been too hard for us so this year might be interesting.

yeah. I suggest going slow, and know where your diffs are! lol I banged mine a few times. My rear and front bumpers too a few hits... my sliders got a lot of the damage and my skid. but nothing body! it was a very fun trip, regardless... besides, thats what armor is for!

That's a pretty cool looking trail!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD