Thread: How to upload music to youtube

How to upload music to youtube

Hey all,

I just tried uploading a video on youtube. It works fine in the US, but is blocked just about everywhere else. Youtube sent me an email saying the music was copyrighted. I understand this, but youtube provides the song title and a link to purchase the song on amazon, so I thought it would be fine.

So anyways, how do so many people upload music that must be copyrighted? The song I have is one that I've heard on other youtube videos.

I'm not trying to cheat the system, I just don't get how so many people do it.

Youtube is lame.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Re: How to upload music to youtube

ive only done the one video for youtube (apparently im a bit famous for it)

i usually end up using pretty obscure music for my videos, but ive never tried to access them overseas.

yes, youtube is lame. i wish you could just get a "fair use" license for the work for a youtube video and have the labels happy that their music being exposed to others, and not have them see it as a "violation"... maybe some day
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yeah, it seems like I'd be giving the artist free advertising.

I did re-upload the video with a different sound track, and it looks like it will work world wide.

Thanks!
    Daniel
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

*In my experience, it isn't the artist or label causing the strife, it's youtube having gotten greedy and demanding a "Use" or (more accurately worded) "promotional advertising" "fee" that they hope to collect from the artist or album. The caveat being that said music isn't already "free to use" or "authorized use" by the label or artist. Supposedly this has eased up since the google partnership/acquisition, but maybe in some cases like yours there's still something up their butt.

I've only had one video, ever where the music was pulled. They tried to pull the "Animal" track on one of them once until they got a copy of the letter basically saying "Hell yeah use it, it fits perfectly".

Lesson here, just send a message directly to the artist asking to authorize it (or in my case have them/him as an old customer/friend who hates the system enough to passively say "F3ck 'em, use it!").

BTW..your avatar's gotten moldy, it's all green now?

Thanks Shane. I thought about getting written permission from the artist, but I figured it was more hassle than it was worth and they would probably want lots of $$$$$ for me using their music. Who'd you send the letter to? YouTube I guess?

lol...I switched out my avatar finally. That's my 3rd gen.