Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squaw Ridge, Oct 15-16

Re: Squaw Ridge, Oct 15-16

Looks awesome! Great pictures!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Proof you can still have fun rolling on TA/KO's!

Now, to do this on those tires, you gotta be ?

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Next year we should do an ultimateyota trip on this trail. It's about time we get you bay area and socal folks up this way!
    LOL..reminder, I lived in Murphy's BITD, like back when we actually called it Pardoe still. FWIW I'd like to go up to just camp anyhow. I miss 8N03. How much snow's left in the shadows anyhow and how much of that was old snow versus new-fall from the last storm system?

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    awesome pics! wish i was up there wheelin!

so who stepped in bear poo?
    More like who's feet smelled like a candy bar?

The BFG's do great on the trail. Actually my old Revo 2's did great. The 4th gen tires are still pretty new so they need damage or a lot of miles before they get replaced. The 4th gen actually did really well for only having a small spacer lift.
    There were a few patches of snow from last weeks storm. I doubt any snow made it through the summer. We woke up to rain on Sunday which was awesome because it knocked down all the dust. Driving with the windows down is always a plus.
    Drinks were going around the fire. I'm just glad I didn't have so much that I burned my shoes.

Oh and Chris, etc. Come on up. Vana would have been hating life up there but Aprils truck would do decent. I think the size limit for the trail is a near stock 4th gen. I was glad I had a narrow 3rd gen in some of the rocks and trees.

This picture gives an idea of how large a 4th gen is. They are nice a spacious but when you want to get one between a rock and a tree and then another tree it takes a lot of finesse.

I told him he needed sliders if he plans on venturing from the mall. He's glad he listened. Trees are easy on sliders, granite not so much.

This thing made pretty short work out of everything. I guess front and rear lockers, a bunch of lift and balloon tires on most vehicles would do the same.

One of the reason from the first volume of why I will probably always live in Northern CA. Beautiful.

Slomatt

The only place these tires didn't get traction was in the wet sand while climbing.

Paddlenbike

This dude brought more vodka than a bachelorette party. I'm not a vodka guy (I now know this) nor do I think I will ever be one. Once we hit the trail he mentioned he really wanted to roll his jeep. I'm glad he didn't get the chance to check that one off the list.

Piett

Jeep

All of us. Slomatt, Piett, 4x4mike, Adam, Paddlenbike, Dustin and Ben.

Mud Lake

Parking lot on the freeway heading back to civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Proof you can still have fun rolling on TA/KO's!
    AT KO's have been great for me. These are still brand new but I've had them on past vehicles and they take a beating. Ken took this pic of my tire super deflated. I had to put in some more air at the end of the first day as I took too much out. I need a gauge that actually reads below 20 psi. I found my eye doesn't work that well.

I am also a fan of the AT KO's. I have a little over 46,000 miles on them and I should make it to 60k before I have to replace them. They've had some hard use but they still balance perfectly and the strong sidewalls will keep me coming back. That said there is some chunking of the tread and at 46k they just started to make a bit of tire noise where they were surprisingly silent before. I also noticed a reduction in traction compared to Mike's new ones, but no surprise there.

I'm just glad I didn't have so much that I burned my shoes.
    LOL.

i LOVE my bfg at tires and they will be replaced with another set very soon

awesome pics guys. next year we might come up for some of those runs!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I wish BFG made shoes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12