Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my 2WD build

my 2WD build

I think I asked this before , but just want confirm .. wondering if you guys are interested in seeing my 2WD "supertoy" build .. it's a supra /truck hi output , big fat tires , stupid build ..

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

Re: my 2WD build

For sure!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

YES!!!
    My signature

any content is good content!

i always like looking at projects of any type. so many things to share in the community.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

If its a Toyota, we are into it big time, if its not, we probably still are! Bring on the build!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

so ok .. a few pics to get you up to date
    I actually started it before my Trekker build .. so i'm kind of continuing on with it ..

back into the shop

parts pulled from storage

and cutting begins

also .. interior is now completely gutted ..

no more cantalever , but now have rear suspension .. still have to do some more tube work , but it's now on the rear wheels

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

what rear end are you using there? love the IFS setup, even if it does kill the bed (hauling is obviously not the point of this vehicle)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    what rear end are you using there? love the IFS setup, even if it does kill the bed (hauling is obviously not the point of this vehicle)
    MA67 or GA61 from what I can see there, hopefully? (MA/GA=Supra IRS) Of course that means if I'm right it's also rear disc. Half-backed the frame too with square tubing?

*I miss my red beasties (80 Celica and 86 Supra).

yep it's supra .. MA series including LSD and will also attach the TEMS

we built a full custom frame utalizing front and rear cradles

[img width=800 height=398]http://www.members.shaw.ca/slacker502/HPIM0220.JPG[/img]

dont want to give away to many plans with the bed yet , but sufice it to say , my "cargo" will be cool

see my Trekker ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast