Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my 2WD build

Re: my 2WD build

Cool. It appears you have a ton work into all your projects.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Cool. It appears you have a ton work into all your projects.
    I think Corey's coming into his slow season like we are with bicycles. All sorts of cool and goofy stuff usually happens during the winter months. Slow downs mean you get to work on personal projects and still call them "Advertsing and Networking Expenses".

Reminds me, I need to find my Internet access receipts and say you all are in my "Consulting Team"!

not so ..
    currently , the shop is BOOKED untill Aug 2012 .. we have no "slow time"

this build as with the Trekker build , will be built on my own time !! evenings and weekends

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

X2. This is CA, there is no off season for cycling. Only difference for cold weather is the decreased amount of bottles on a ride or water level in a camelback. I suppose if it's muddy I'd ride the SS.

After one kid and another on the way 'projects' get way back burner for multiple reasons. There is always time to ride though.

found some time today , so I finally cut the floor out for the body drop

86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

prepping the inner rockers for the new body mounts .. I of course found rust .. so now I have to fix that first .. I was really surprised , this cab was in awesome shape no rust at all , or so I thought .. just goes to show you , even if you think you have no rust .. you probabally do !!

undercoating wire wheeled off , and looking great

and cut out rust !!

1 side done .. and ready

also got the drivers side cleand and prepped this weekend

and .. drivers side has rust as well

I think to be safe , i'm going to cut it all out .. front and back rocker area , and strengthin both sides before I build the body mounts
    and just for some giggles ..
    heres the pile of removed edging and ground steel ..

so over the last week , I have been building my repair panels and today I was able to get them burnt in , rears as well

now with the rockers repaired , I was able to get the cab height finalized @ 9" from the rockers to the Ground . + I also started on the cab mounts
    Because there are only going to be 4 mounts instead of 6 , I wanted to make sure there were going to be strong .
    cut out some 3/16" plate and surrounded it with some tube

Tacked into place I will add some more supports later , when I turn the frame over .

1 more front frame mount tomorrow , then I can get on the front cab mount

Very cool project. Those are some amazing fab skills.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast