Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: now SC'd

now SC'd

The 4Runner got some new motivation a couple of weeks ago.

The truck feels really torquey and fun to drive. That said, I will be ordering some URD goodies when the wallet cools off to manage the low RPM/high boost spark knock. This is my first supercharged vehicle, I've always had turbos that made no power until 3000 RPMs. This thing will make 6.5 pounds at under 2000 RPMs, so that does create spark knock that should be addressed. This thing is great though, wish I would have done it years ago. Big thanks to Mike and Scott for joining the install party.

Re: now SC'd

[me=Seanz0rz]is GREEN from head to toe...[/me]

awesome! wish i had the money to do that to mine!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    [me=Seanz0rz]

I wish I had the money to do mine too!

Awesome! how many miles were on it when you installed it?
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Awesome! I'm jealous.

I'm curious to see what you do for fuel management. I never liked the 7th injector setup that Toyota offered.

Do you have to run premium fuel now?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

There is 113k on the clock. I am running 91 octane for moment but I plan to experiment with 89 octane once I get a chance to install and play with some water/methanol injection. I plan to run the URD 7th, not the TRD one. I am actually looking forward to the tuning aspect. I always enjoyed tinkering with that on my Supra Turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    is GREEN from head to toe...

I wish I had the money to do mine too!
    Broke down and used a plastic card huh? Just call it an early holiday gift for yourself?

I'm looking forward to hearing how it plays out for you being in Sac. at almost the same altitude of my upstairs bedrooms (25'). Even better, I'm interested in seeing how it handles a load going up the passes into Tahoe since I'm still debating buying a car versus just sucking it all up and either 3.4 swapping or buying a newer (used) 3rd Gen.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    There is 113k on the clock. I am running 91 octane for moment but I plan to experiment with 89 octane once I get a chance to install and play with some water/methanol injection. I plan to run the URD 7th, not the TRD one. I am actually looking forward to the tuning aspect. I always enjoyed tinkering with that on my Supra Turbo.

Are you looking at using boost pressure or exhaust temp (or both) to control spark knock with your water/meth setup?

- Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Nice! ....clean engine bay too.

That looks like the lower plenum took some extra elbow grease.
    97 4runner Limited<br />2wd---&gt;4wd Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn

I'm looking forward to hearing how it plays out for you being in Sac. at almost the same altitude of my upstairs bedrooms (25'). Even better, I'm interested in seeing how it handles a load going up the passes into Tahoe since I'm still debating buying a car versus just sucking it all up and either 3.4 swapping or buying a newer (used) 3rd Gen.

So far so good. I towed a trailer today and it felt more powerful with it in tow than it ever did empty with no supercharger.

MTL--I would go with boost activation at something like 3 psi. I like the idea of the intercooling effect.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast