Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: now SC'd

Re: now SC'd

Cool, I'm looking forward to learning something about fuel management and tuning. That's the part that scares me the most with forced induction.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Jamie, thank you for the info. The Devil's Own kit is the one I was looking at. I figure if there is any chance at all of running 89 octane and using the methanol to raise the octane under boost, I will need the progressive kit. I also want to experiment using the -20 grade washer fluid since it is readily available and gives about a 46% methanol blend. If the lower octane fuel thing doesn't work out, I might just run straight water and use it for its intercooling and engine steamcleaning benefits.

Is it safe to run liquids through the S/C though? That was my biggest concern. I keep saying to myself Im going to call Magnuson and ask them. But, I always blow it off or forget about it.
    96 4Runner SR5 S/C - 03&#039; Tacoma coils 3&#039;&#039; Toytec Spacer lift with 1&#039;&#039; Diff Drop. 3 1/2&#039;&#039; Downey Rear lift Coil Springs.<br /><br />285/75R/16 Goodyear MT/R.<br /><br />URD Fuel Kit

Magnuson says spraying fuel, water or methanol through the supercharger helps form a seal between rotors, increasing efficiency.

Well then, I can check that one off my list of things to do (eventually) list.

I had a mechanic at my old job location tell me a very inexpensive way to get water in through your intake w/o the injection process. It is what he used to do to his cars back in the day. He would install a line as close to the TB, or somewhere on his carb. Then mount a bottle lower than the TB height. In that line have an adjustable valve of some sort. Fill the bottle with water insert the other end of the hose. Make sure the vavle is closed when you start your car. Then at idle adjust that valve until the vehicle starts to run a little rough and finally back it off just a hair to normal idle.

Im tempted to give it a try. Since on our TB's there is 2 capped off holes on the top of them, it would make this a simple trial deal.
    96 4Runner SR5 S/C - 03&#039; Tacoma coils 3&#039;&#039; Toytec Spacer lift with 1&#039;&#039; Diff Drop. 3 1/2&#039;&#039; Downey Rear lift Coil Springs.<br /><br />285/75R/16 Goodyear MT/R.<br /><br />URD Fuel Kit

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Magnuson says spraying fuel, water or methanol through the supercharger helps form a seal between rotors, increasing efficiency.
    X2

On a roots type blower it's actually very beneficial to the system to be spraying water/meth in there because it increases efficiency for several reasons (better sealing, cools air charge, reduces friction, etc). You never want to spray into a turbo though because relative to a roots blower, the turbo spins at such a high speed the water droplets can actually begin to erode the compressor wheel.....not a pretty sight.

Have a look for yourself:
    http://www.alcohol-injection.com/for...mage-2230.html
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Jamie, thank you for the info. The Devil's Own kit is the one I was looking at. I figure if there is any chance at all of running 89 octane and using the methanol to raise the octane under boost, I will need the progressive kit. I also want to experiment using the -20 grade washer fluid since it is readily available and gives about a 46% methanol blend. If the lower octane fuel thing doesn't work out, I might just run straight water and use it for its intercooling and engine steamcleaning benefits.

Happy to help Ken, hopefully we'll get a Youtube video of your smokeshow later. There is an option with the controller I linked to for being able to make it progressive on with pump pressure (it takes a 5V variable input), but I don't think anyone has really looked into that option yet. If you wanted to try it, I would suggest hooking it up to your TPS that way as you vary throttle position, you change the amount/flow of water/meth being injected (boost switch would just tell it when to cut in/out). If you have a digital boost gauge, you could also have it wired to take that input instead. Lots of options anyway.

Here's the add-on that allows you to use it progressively:
    http://www.bakatronics.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=678
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Came home from work and did a little research on the build your own water injection thing. I think I found something to tinker with this weekend.

[hijack] Stevo - Good to see you still kickin around bud. [/hijack]
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    Happy to help Ken, hopefully we'll get a Youtube video of your smokeshow later.
    Google "MSRP 265/75R16 BFG AT KO, Quantity: 2"
    Then write me a check for that amount, mail it and I will send the video.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast