Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: now SC'd

Re: now SC'd

Havent had time to update on what I tried to do as I explained up above. I did get a chance to try out that home made injection through those 2 extra ports on our throttle bodies and there just wasnt enough suction to get the water to go through. Dont want to cut/drill a hole out in the intake tube so I just scrapped that idea.

Maybe Ill look into the stuff that you guys linked and try that out. Or find a kit on ebay or something.

Still getting ping between 5 and 0 vacuum . Not getting ping anywhere else though.
    96 4Runner SR5 S/C - 03&#039; Tacoma coils 3&#039;&#039; Toytec Spacer lift with 1&#039;&#039; Diff Drop. 3 1/2&#039;&#039; Downey Rear lift Coil Springs.<br /><br />285/75R/16 Goodyear MT/R.<br /><br />URD Fuel Kit

It's pinging pre-boost?

Fuel Pressure regulator not closing up fast enough?
    Does the OBD2 systems use varible speed fuel pumps?, Might be taking to long to bump the line pressure.

Look into a adjustable FPR, One that supports top and bottom end control.

Yeah ping pre-boost. Its not doing it now as it is cold ouside for once. But, If I take off the split second ecu it doesnt ping.

I have messed with the timing on the split second in and out within those ranges on the map. Doesnt change. Talked to Gadget a few months ago, and he told me to set those ranges back to 0 for being a stock setting. Still pings.
    96 4Runner SR5 S/C - 03&#039; Tacoma coils 3&#039;&#039; Toytec Spacer lift with 1&#039;&#039; Diff Drop. 3 1/2&#039;&#039; Downey Rear lift Coil Springs.<br /><br />285/75R/16 Goodyear MT/R.<br /><br />URD Fuel Kit

Are you sure you are writing those changes back to the Split Second ECU? If you're getting pinging in vacuum it would do it whether you had a supercharger or not, which makes me think you either have a carbon build up in the combustion chambers or your timing maps are not being written to the ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Are you sure you are writing those changes back to the Split Second ECU? If you're getting pinging in vacuum it would do it whether you had a supercharger or not, which makes me think you either have a carbon build up in the combustion chambers or your timing maps are not being written to the ECU.

X2

I agree, sounds like either the changes aren't being made to the ECU (sounds likely since once you take it off, the pinging stops) or you have some heavy carbon buildup (which a water/meth system will clean perfectly for you).
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Paddlenbike, it stops pinging once I take off the ECU, not the S/C. As for it writing to the maps, yes it is. Gotta also remember Im driving in 110+ degree weather. In cold weather it doesnt ping.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234