Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3.slow pinging w/slushbox

Re: 3.slow pinging w/slushbox

The heater problem is there is no flow, I tried to just run a garden hose through it and no go,, I belive the previous owners had a blown head gasket and used the crap you poor in the radiator to fix it.
    I have another replacement core.

Trying to replace injectors again but I doubt those are the issue since the leanout is across all cylinders, Im limited on what I can use out of the 3 sets I have since most are cracked tips.

I have now gone down to the harness level, after testing it it seems ok but Im going to make another harness and replace some of the plugs.

What it might come down to is that the ECU might have a bad final in it, The 3VZE ECU and wiring harness are set up to group fire all 6 injectors at once alternating between the two finals.
    I cant even tell which year ECU I have (lable gone) except it having the ECT module in it and know its V6 because the 4cyl version has different plugs.
    Anyone run into a problem with running a older V6 ECU on a later year vehicle?, Just incase thats what my be troubleing me.

Oooop, posted my reply in your ECU needed thread, did swapping in a different ECU fix it?

Could come to an outright conclusion.

I just put in the ECU from my 92 V6 MT runner and it fired right up.
    I knew there would be transmission issues and it did detour me from doing a complete test.
    the ECM button becomes useless (because its part of the ECU)&(was hoping the trans would do its own thing but it didnt).
    D and 2nd only give you 3rd gear but 1st still works.
    There wasnt much of an improvement as the ECU hasnt tuned itself to the running conditions and may have run just a hair ritcher, I cant test this fully ovr time without 2nd gear.
    But the whole test told me the ECU want the issue.

The harness checks out with some heavy ohming out.

Im now back working on the EGR modulator again for the 3rd time/replacement (This one is really pissing me off)

I know one injector has issues as the O2 gauge jitters at times insted of its normal wobble, but cannot tell which one it is since all plugs are white, I will look into another set since all the spares I have now have issues and broken pintels.
    I need to ohm out the O2 sensor harness, It is slow at heating up sometimes, It is the second sensor tried and both Denso.

TPS checked again and Ohms out good and adjusted correctly.

Fuel pressure is 40-50psi and that tells me the fuelpump has been replaced.

Did a propane vavuum leak test and is good.

FWIW (if your's has 2 O2's like mine) you wouldn't be the first to have to go through a few downstream O2 sensors to find one that hasn't been somehow damaged in shipping (people do throw boxes). Also even though my downstream was a Denso (WorldPac) it was a factory Toyota boxed Denso with the correct length wire coming out of the sensor to the plug that worked properly.

~IMHO&E WP's downstream Denso O2 units have too long a pigtail since they only carry one part for (IIRC) 92-95 4Runners. Literally I would get such a minute difference in resistance you'd think it wouldn't matter, but in the end it did.

Hope that offers some insight.

I dont have the second O2 sensor after the CAT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12