Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The "A day in the life" Picture Thread.

Re: The "A day in the life" Picture Thread.

So crying out for a blacked out hood, unless that's just the classic clearcoat haze you can light sand and buff on out. Let's hear details about the Runner in that other thread.

Been a weird week so I'll just show the highlights instead.

Friday, this happens. The company beater took a hit to the fender. I was literally on his side and about a second before thinking "Dude better be going Westbound, he'll never make that or he's gonna..."

"WHAM! ~topple~ CRAP! ~slam~wobble-wobble~ SCREETCH! WTH I can't see the road!!?? "

I'm unscathed, physically. Mentally, well who knows?

Ultimately in a Monty Python kind of way it was all kinda hilariously funny as hell. Really funny now that I am back home thinking about this, but still, WTFH?? LOL. I am one lucky guy.

Then Saturday was cool, went to PedalFest JackLondon to see industry people and do some work for a few extra $$$'s. Got home and packed to take the family on a local get-a-way since nothing going on Sunday.

So this is how my day started out. My front bumper got a baked finish today! I'd driven the wife and Lil'One to Gilroy Gardens. Was there maybe not even 10 minutes when an employee comes running up to me asking me to "..please move your truck away from the vehicle fire so we can get to it easier and your's doesn't get hit..."

This was probably the second fastest I've ran as an adult since my back injuries. As I pulled away I could see the other car's sides letting off heat and kind of smoking so I managed to grab some phone pics quickly. I was right next to the S-10, their grille got a little melted and both the Honda Pilot and darker Tahoe got their sides singed. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. My passenger fender got a little heat to it but all good. We got lucky. Drove fine all the way home and when I refuelled we realized we got 18mpg this trip.

*Side note here, is it just me or is it weird that a Fire Dept Official driving this silver E-plated car parks there to help things out like it's OK? I know that things won't go boom like in the movies but he just parks there and gets out and goes to work??

Picture of the Day

I thought for sure there was on these threads here but I can't seem to find it. I know plenty of you that have cel phones loaded with random things you find funny, rusty beater cars, people of Walmart, etc., so post them up. (Or is it just me that has that crap? haha)

SKOAL

Re: Picture of the Day

Tis here: http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...6&topic=9952.0

This reminds me, I need to take a bunch of pictures off my phone.

Navigator

That guy is afraid the zombie apocalypse really is coming tomorrow, and doesn't want to run out of chew!
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

^^ He obviously has a different driving style than me--I couldn't keep those tins up there for 5 minutes.

not my picture but this one is a real jem
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa383/mb30sdl/IMG_1551.jpg[/img]

Navigator

what does he do, ram through police stations and drag 10 ton safes through the streets of Rio with that thing?
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011