Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sticker removal

Re: Sticker removal

This car gets a fresh paint job every 4 years, underage democratic hippy girls are optional.

Heat + plastic spackling knife to remove, then goo-gone to lift the adhesive. If all else fails, I have successfully used that "Fast Orange Pumice" meant to clean your hands for really nasty things baked into the paint, but I have only used it on white cars and you have to be careful not to rub too hard (the car, not the girls).

Got the stickers off. Right away my wife followed me out to the garage when she saw me unplug her hair dryer. I don't blame her, she thought I was up to no good. I've never owned a hair dryer so when I use one I'm up to something. I actually haven't owned a comb since I was in grade school, even then I don't think I used it.

The vinyl one was pretty easy as it got soft when I put the hair dryer to it. The other sticker was more like plastic and basically flaked off, no peeling what so ever.

The plastic one required a little razor blade work but was pretty easy on the paint. There are a few little marks on the paint but they aren't bad, plus they're on the roof. I think a little scratch remover will take care of it.

Both spots required some goo gone action. The resultant rubbing lightly scratched the paint but again it's on the roof and I think it will all look fine next wax job.

Thanks for the advice.

First one. You can see a scuff in the paint from the mag mount before I used the sticker. They move every now and again. When they do they scratch with ease. Another reason for the stickers is that moisture always collected under the magnet against the paint, I wanted a barrier.

Here's the plastic one. You can see the circle from the magnet. It did it's job quite well. Protecting the paint and yes, sticking as a sticker should do. Also shown are my solution to mag mounts, 2 meter and CB antenna mounts (CB mount covered with cap as I don't use it much).

I didn't get any pictures with the stickers removed but you get the idea.

Destroying a perfectly good Humbug sticker's akin to destroying a Return on the Jedi sticker.
    [Shaking my head and walking away with nothing else to say.]

Glad you were able to remove them. FWIW my wife "gave" me her old hair dryer for similar reasons. She didn't want to know what I was using it for anymore and just got herself a new one.

definitely heat gun, mike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12