Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marine Corps Care Packages- 2011 Holiday Season

Marine Corps Care Packages- 2011 Holiday Season

Hey everyone! I want to send a couple care packages out to some deployed Marines this holiday season and am just putting this out here if any of you all want to pitch in and help make a couple kick ass care packages. One of them is a friend of mine from when I was in (he was just a boot back then and is now a Gunny)and his platoon which is deployed to Okinawa right now. The other, I contacted another friend from back in the day. He is out now but did a couple tours in Iraq. He got me the address of a Marine that he actually recruited and is deployed right now.

Obviously, I probably can't get this done in time to actually get it in their hands by Christmas, but I can hopefully get this to them by New Years. Either way, they will all by stoked! Gunny Q. is going to get me a list of stuff they need/like in Okinawa, so he knows something is coming his way. The other young Marine, will have no idea a big package is coming his way.

I've never done anything like this before, so I'm not really sure how to go about it. Right now, if you are interested in pitching in, message me and I will get you my paypal or figure something out. Of course, I will keep track of everything, take pics of receipts, items, packages and etc... so we make sure this all goes to the troops.

Admin, if this is the wrong spot or out of line, just let me know. Thanks
    Chris

You can also paypal me at chris@stovertileanddesign.com (be sure to include your name and username)
    My signature

Re: Marine Corps Care Packages- 2011 Holiday Season

Make sure to include a bunch of gummie bears

Socks are usually the favorite from what I recall when I sent a care package to Jason when he was deployed.

Chris gonna send you a few bucks in the snail mail. I'll get it out in the mailbox today. Thanks for doing this!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Any idea when you plan on shipping it out? I'll be up there for Christmas and could drop off a few items or some $. Or maybe we can work the paypal thing out. Let me know.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

What base is it going to? In the desert or Japan?

Thanks Lance! Yeah, I guess socks would be a good one. I think the local surplus store would have socks that would be appropriate.

Bekah, I'm hoping to get it shipped before Christmas. I forgot about my paypal, I'll post that in the first post.

Troy, one package is going to Okinawa and one is going to Afqhanistan (not sure where in Afghanistan)
    My signature

Try to figure out which base in Asscrackistan is. A lot of them have well stocked PX's with socks and things. Holiday decorations and home baked good are good for well off bases where soldiers have local shopping and amazon.com access(Japan would be the same). The crappy small FOB's are were socks, hand warmers, long johns and things will be more appreciated.

Yeah the Oki Marines are pretty well taken care of, so it's more to just get them some fun stuff from home. The Afghaniland Marines are an infantry unit so I'm not sure where they are exactly or if I'll be able to find out due to opsec. I'm basically going to go about it as them being at a FOB. If not, then they will still be able to use the stuff we send them. Heck, when I was stationed at Pendleton, I would have loved to receive some baby wipes and hand warmers LOL!
    My signature

I kind of know one of the chicks who work at the local surplus store. I'm going to go in on Monday and see if they can hook us up with some boot socks and hand warmers (or at least get me a good deal on them for the troops).

I'm also going to contact a couple of the local jerky companies and see if they can hook us up too.
    My signature

Bump! Between Lance, Bob, HBMurphy, and some facebook friends, we are now up to $230, my parents kicked in some beef jerky and nuts, and other friends have promised to drop off food tomorrow. I am truly blown away with everyone's generosity. Everything above doesn't even include what I'm planning on adding myself!

I will be shopping tomorrow and thursday, so if anyone still wants to donate, you can use the paypal address posted above or message me if you want to snail mail it. If we end up with too much for 2 packages then we will do a 3rd package (it won't be hard for me to find another address)

My paypal is chris@stovertileanddesign.com

My mailing address is

Chris Stover
    P.O. Box 124
    Morro Bay, Ca 93443

be sure to message me as well so that I know what my budget will be when I hit up costco tomorrow
    Thanks!!!

My signature

Done. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast