Thread: Adjusting door latch?

Adjusting door latch?

So apparently the door latch needs to be adjusted, the door rattles for whatever reason. I tried to do this but its like 10F outside. I noticed the door itself is not really adjustable, but in my limited time of like 2 minutes the latch on the frame appears to be? I took the screws out and the plate behind the frame appears movable?

IDK really, its freezing outside and I would NOT like to spend an hour playing with it. Any other adjustments I mighta missed?
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Re: Adjusting door latch?

there are NO adjustments .. typically this means your hinge pins are worn .

ALL of the toyota bolts are counter sunk , so no adjustment .
    if you need .. I have found if you replace the counter sunk bolts with a standard bolt , and auger out the hole a bit , you can make some "adjustment"
    86 4x4 ,&nbsp; fiberglass bed &nbsp; , 1/2 doors , hood ... more to come . <br />84 2WD &quot;hotrod&quot; Intercooled 7MGTE <br />83 Trekker SR5 CURRENT BUILD <br /><br />My home page MY PAGE <br />2WD fourm I frequent<br />NEW Trekker forum

Re: Adjusting door latch?

Thats what I figured out today playing with it. All of this started just this past week oddly enough.

Funny thing is the door itself doesnt seem to be lining up properly either at the top of the door where it meets the x-cab part of the truck. Pins seem fine, door doesnt have up/down movement-you can grab the door when shut and pull it back and forth and theres the rattle right there.

I also had an idea that this possible problem was caused by the idiots who cant figure out you cant open the door unless I shut the truck off or you manually move the tab over (it auto locks on startup due to my alarm.

I noticed the door opens up VERY easy now, it used to take slight effort but now I could open it with my pinky with ease. IDK Im having a friend who has a bodyshop look at it for me. Hoping he can figure out a fix.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX