Well the Paddlenbike Santa visited right before Christmas bearing gifts. Who cares about the naughty or nice list I was on the jealous list. Right after I took delivery I headed to Home Depot for my weekly visit. While there I took a spin down the paint isle, this is what I was after.

After a little work, I made a big mess. Chrome spray paint is something else to work with. Having a highlander 4Runner means I have no chrome from the factory. Since I was adding some genuine Caddy parts I felt I needed to bling it up a bit.

Next was finding a place to put these bad boys. Not only are there 4 of them but they are bigger and much heavier than the little toy stock ones. Found this after digging through my steel pile.

To join this beautiful piece to my AC-Delco goodness I had to beef up the fasteners. I don't want one of these shaking loose and taking out a piece of my radiator or drive train. I stuck with the American theme so the threads are still standard, just bigger.

After some heavy 12 gauge wiring it's ready to go in. I went with 12g because these things can pull some amps and I don't want any issues other than loud. I still need to mount the bar (behind the front bumper) and wire in a fuse (big) and relay then it's game on.

Hopefully after tomorrow I'll have all the little parts then I need to find some time to put them in.