Ya know, it occurred to me today while starting to wire up another lightbar for one of the work trucks. I never use relays and all of my installs never have an issue.

Maybe I should use them, but honestly I never had an issue with anything I ever wired burning up or having an issue. I mean I typically use the largest wire possible, infact I have it setup with I believe 6 gauge wire as my power from the battery usually and then 10 or 12 gauge for the rest. I just wire the power to the switches and out the switches and Im done-no fuss no muss.

In the lightbar situation wiring in relays is a total and royal pita due to the limited room I have to work with as well.

Whatcha think..maybe I should bother this time? The ligthbar has 5 rotators, 8 flashers and 2 alley lights. Of course they wouldnt all be used at once but that is alot of draw.. I mean the last one I did still works 5 years later and all I did was use 6 gauge from the battery to fuse block, to the switches and out the switches again. Each switch was fused for 30 amps and never blew either.