I've limped along over the past few years with borrowed compressors from friends and an old crappy (and LOUD!) 20 gal. Husky. Well no more! Decided I wanted something that would be more capable to doing real work and pushing "real" air tools, so I bought this 261 lb monstrosity from Harbor Freight:

[img width=600 height=800]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/mastacox/2012-01-15_10-18-41_120.jpg[/img]

It's a US General 3.5hp 60 gallon compressor, belt drive dual-piston, 220v, and pushes 12.8cfm at 90psi Yes it's not the best one ever made, but it only cost $500 with tax (missed the sale that would have made it more like $430) which means I was also able to get a 50ft retractable hose reel, and will be putting in a dedicated circuit for it with plumbing and stuff. Also bought an Ingersol Rand regulator and filter and about $60 worth of brass/copper hardware to plumb it all up.

All told I'm looking at about $800 worth of stuff to get it wired, plumbed, and ready for action; not too bad when the "competitive" compressors from more elite establishments run well over $1000.

Woo hoo, an air system worth having!