Thread: New stereo for the runner

New stereo for the runner

After dealing with my cd player acting up I decided I needed to replace my stereo. I had originally planned on putting some aftermarket one in, but after some research I found the radios out of the Scion TC and XB are direct plug and play for my truck...Thanks to where I work, I got hooked up with a takeoff out of a 2010 TC.

I still need to clean up the edges of the bezel, but it sounds great and has Ipod and Satellite options when I am ready.

1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Re: New stereo for the runner

nice! i always liked the scion radios, and considered picking one up.

marc, come wheelin with us!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Marc great choice.

However be for warned, adding the iPod or satellite is not so easy.

The wiring for the connections to the radio are built into the main harness on the tC and xB.
    There is a thread one one of the Toyota boards, either T4R or Toyota120 has a thread on opening up the Radio to solder a connection for the USB option, the XM/Sirius I am not to sure of.
    You could also just order the connector and pins, but at $15 a pin its not so hot an option...

Sean I have two, you really want one?

avy, thanks but i love my new pioneer.

shame about the difficulty of the usb. should be pretty easy to hack in though.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I dont even have an Ipod, so not an issue for me.

Sean, we were talking about another desert run in a couple months, and I am going to BB at least once this summer.

you know you want to do mojave road!

Here is one link for the mod on a different radio http://www.toyota-4runner.org/audio-...pic-heavy.html

That's a nice looking radio. I like the screen and buttons. Difficulty with the ipod soumd the same as with our Subaru. Open up the radio and soldering parts out and in.

I like the large volume knob, the screen and the reasonably sized buttons. My Pioneer annoys the heck out of me, it simply is not user friendly. What color is the illumination on that model?

it is orange/red