Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Borla XR-1

Re: Borla XR-1

I have this noise over hard bumps... sounds similar to when a door isn't shut quite all the way. I didn't really notice it until POST new exhaust, but didn't necessarily think it was the muffler. However, I thought maybe it was my rear hatch... so I got everything out of the back to make sure the noise wasn't something bouncing around, and I also tied the hatch to the latch points in the back to make sure it was definitely not the rear hatch.. and noise still happens. Keep in mind the roads are bumpy here, and it doesn't do it on all of the bumps, just the really bad ones.

Anyways.. I crawled underneath the truck to see how good a job Midas did, or did not, do.. and I'm wondering if it isn't the exhaust hitting something that's making the noise.

The guy quoted me 150$ to do the work because he said they'd have to "add some pipe and probably a few hangers". However, aside from the pipe with shitty welds they added, there are no extra hangers... and I'm wondering if I'm in fact MISSING a few.

From the muffler itself to the tail pipe the only hanger is the one stock hanger that's at the end of the tail pipe just where it exits behind the passenger-side rear tire. The only other one past the 2nd cat is the one where the pipe from the coming from the 2nd cat mates up with the pipe going to the muffler.. I have what appears to be a spot for two hangers where the end of the stock muffler would be. Is that right?

[I'm linking to the pictures b/c they're pretty big in resolution [although not great quality b/c of camera phone]
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31711404/201...2017.10.03.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31711404/201...2017.09.25.jpg

Re: Borla XR-1

Yes you are missing hangers. Get the old stuff back from then and call it a lesson why nobody here should ever use Midas for any work, unless they personally know the tech or own the place. Check if it's the exhaust piping contacting the rear brace where it jumps over the diff? Mine did that until I was sitting there one day and noticed the chipping black paint and marks on the top of the piping.

Go out once the things cooled down enough to touch and grab the tail pipe and see how much movement everything has while someone watches that section and sees if they can make it hit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12