Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much lift?

how much lift?

First off its a 95 4runner limited auto 154000 miles , 265/70/17 and 17x8.5 atx thugs with -6mm offset 4.5 backspacing. I take really good care of my runner perfect power and mileage. I just picked up some 305/70/17 nitto Terra grapplers for a hundred bucks and my suspension sags a bit front and rear. I plan on upgrading to a ome 2in lift and a 2in body lift just wondering if this will be enough to clear the nittos and any suggestions will be appreciated
    95 4runner limited, 17in atx thugs, 2000w amp 2 diamond 12s, 1uz bound!!!

Re: how much lift?

So that's equivalent to a 33.8x12 17 tire. I'm not sure about the backspacing and offset, but just thinking about the tire size and 4 inches of lift, I think you should be fine. You might have to cut or pound in some inner fender areas, but that's easy.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Yeah, that's a big tire size to fit in there with out rubbing. Optimal backspacing for a wide tire like that is 3.75" and even then you would probably get rubbing with that size tire. You may be able to get away with just BJ spacers and a slight tbar crank, but I think you are going to have to massage your fenders with a sledge.
    My signature

You think so, even with 2" of body lift?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    You think so, even with 2" of body lift?
    Oops, I missed the body lift part! Yeah, then he should be fine with a bj spacer lift and a 2" body lift
    My signature

Yeah, I almost missed that too.

Dennis, you said you're going with a ome 2" suspension lift...do you mean heavy duty torsion bars? If so, skip them. Your ride will be way too stiff, unless you plan on a big heavy front bumper and heavy winch. Just crank your existing tbars or go with ball joint spacers like Chris said.
    Steve

On my old 92runner I had the HD Tbars and rear HD coils, Even with a Bull and winch the ride was extremely stiff (Probably work better with a big cast iron engine)

I suggest just tighten the Tbars and keep the articulation, Good shocks make a great difference.
    Wheel spacers will move the tire closer to hitting the rear fender but farther to the frame.
    My 92PU with 6" lift just touches the rear fender with 33x12.5, But, My controlarms are level(By previous owner) and I need to replace the lower bushings, Then I will tighten the Tbars back up.

Well thanks for all the input I think I am just goin to use a rough country 4in bracket lift. I'm still concerned about the back spacing though I was thinking the 17 in wheel would also help with the rubbing at least around the control arms and I look up the tires they are 34.1x12 pretty much

And if any thing spider trax space could probably help right

Let me interject for just a moment and ask the question that should start every lift discussion. What is the purpose of this truck?

Are you going for good looks at the mall?
    Mild trail riding?
    Mudding?
    Hard core crawlin?

This is the single most important peice of information, in my mind, when beginnign a lift discussion because the answer to this question will more greatly impact amount and kind of lift than almost anything else.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast