Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overhead Switch Console

Overhead Switch Console

After nearly 6 years of being frustrated by the uselessness of the overhead console in my 98 4Runner, I have decided to do something about it.

Here is the start:

A few hours in solidworks massaging the design to my liking. The one above is not set in stone. I think I will make a mockup out of cardboard and put it in the truck to see how I like it.

This is a long term project. I hope to have it finished by April, just something to work on in my free time.

Plan is to use small gauge wire (22 or 24AWG) from the roof to a relay block located elsewhere.

Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: Overhead Switch Console

Dang dude, that's a lot of switches. Are you bagging the 4Runner?

I've got a lot of switches and they are mounted here and there. Having them in one place should be nice.

top corners are map lights, but im thinking of leaving that console alone. then there are sunroof controls, fog, driving lights, front and rear strobe lights, then an offroad master switch that limits the rack front, rear, left and right, as well as rr diff lock and winch controls.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

You've got left and rear lights on the rack now? I guess it's been awhile since I've seen it. I have added 8 switches to my 4runner and 2 of those are factory switches. Most are visible but don't look too much out of sorts.

not yet. planning for the future. waiting for the summer to build some killer led lights for sides and rear.

Very cool! Can't wait to see your progress.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

final layout:

the words still need some adjusting for position relative to the holes, but this is what it will look like.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 04:38 PM.

looks awesome!

Are you going to have the words engraved?

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Are you planning to use the 3D printer for this? A multi-tier panel would be pretty sweet . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast