Thread: Painting Interior Parts

Painting Interior Parts

I somehow broke and lost my T100's seats reclining handle. All I found online was (and trust me these are hard to find!) gray ones (they wanted $$$) or a blue one that was only 10 bucks.

So how the hell do I make it match my oak/tan interior? I know duplicolor makes an interior paint but Im not sure if it matches or will hold up or will even work since its really just a dye for the vinyl.

Any bright ideas? Ill rock a blue handle if Im forced too but matching would be nice.

btw Ill buy a handle off one of you if you got them laying round.

Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Re: Painting Interior Parts

http://www.4runners.org/writeups/centerroof/index.html

last step on that page... hope that helps some.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I found that exact type of paint after searching for like an hour. I wonder if the canstella color bob mentions will match mine. Mines a bit darker but I think it should work.

Thanks Sean!

CJM,

Castella is kind of too light in my opinion. Jason of Burtmanonline made this popular, but in my opinion, its a little too light.

Theres not to many other tans to choose from Bob. This is the color chart (PDF) http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydep...rosolChart.pdf I think saddle tan, light oak, light buckskin or palomino might work. Im torn which one to choose b/c its 11 bucks can.

Found some examples of stuff people painted. Im leaning towards the light buckskin color as the closest match. My interior is a very light oak/tan. Saddle tan seems a like the right color, light bucksin seems to light and castella is a bit to light and camel is way to yellow I think.

Heres a steering wheel someone redid with saddle tan. I think it matches my interior but meh its so tough without trying it.