Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini-Vault Electronic Gun Safe Suggestions

Re: Mini-Vault Electronic Gun Safe Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    I love Dvor. Got some great deals.
    Yeah, I haven't bought anything yet due to lack of funds, but sometimes they have some amazing deals....
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Yeah, I haven't bought anything yet due to lack of funds, but sometimes they have some amazing deals....
    I'm in the EXACT same boat. I have a "shopping cart" saved currently on LA Police Gear, AIM surplus, and Cheaper Than Dirt, just waiting on the availability of some play money.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    I'm in the EXACT same boat. I have a "shopping cart" saved currently on LA Police Gear, AIM surplus, and Cheaper Than Dirt, just waiting on the availability of some play money.
    AIM and Cheaper Than Dirt piss me off because they won't ship hardly anything to CA! Perfectly legal stuff and they won't ship it! Seriously, won't ship a Spikes lower, even though there are plenty of places I can order and buy a Spikes lower from....

Finally just made my first purchase on DVOR. I got a OPMOD PAC Bag for $18.99 shipped! I had a $10 off coupon code for my first purchase. Got it to use as a bag for when we travel, basically a man purse haha
    My signature

I forgot I was in the market for a safe. I finally got my Micro 90 light so I know what the final size will need to be.

I registered for DVOR and check it most days. It's some cool stuff. I haven't seen anything I've needed yet but it's good to hear they are good to buy from.

I almost "pulled the trigger" on a Gun Vault tonight but ran across a couple bad reviews that might apply to all of them. In regards to the battery pack, it takes 8AA's. Some guys are saying they have dead batteries after a month, some say a few months, the box says a year on stand by. The guys that say they don't last long think there is some type of high draw/drain but can't take the thing apart to investigate. Sounds like Gun Vault isn't much help either.

They do make a version that has an AC plug but I don't really want to go that route. For one it's more expensive and 2 I don't really have an available plug near the safe and I don't want a wire to lead someone to it.

If I had to I guess I could make a standard model an AC model with a wallwort with the correct output.

I was just wondering of any of you guys have one and what your battery life is or if you've heard of the drain problem.

This is what I was looking at:
    http://www.gunvault.com/minivault-gv1000s.html

I've had my multivault (the one with the shelf) for over 10 years and have yet to replace the batteries. Of course, mine only takes 4 AAs. I can't tell in the link but do these have lights in them now? If they do maybe that's the power drainer?

As I mentioned, I've had mine for over 10 years and I've used it as frequently as 15 times a day to once in half a year - never any problems and I'm very happy with it.

Funny, I was just thinking the other day that it might be time to (proactively) replace the batteries...
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

Interesting. The expensive highend ones have a light as well as a motion detector with alarm. I'm not really sure how that works but those might be the 8 AA ones. I've recently been turned on to some mechanical ones and I'm going to check those out. I really need to figure out where it's going to be mounted to eally know which one will be best.

Those are all nice options though I still prefer my finger grooves.

I had a "bump" in the night last year a little after I had gotten to bed and jerked awake. I was about to chalk it up to nothing when I heard my dog kind of growl/bark. I got to my safe and kept an eye on the doorway while I did.

Short story shorter, it ended up being an opossum going through our recycle bin outside. Whatever you choose, practice and make sure it's not something you end up fumbling with in the dark.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

Whoa!!! Pete! You're back! Where have you been?
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast