Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Jeep Wrangler fires

New Jeep Wrangler fires

Have you guys read about this?
    [img width=800 height=450]http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17h1tldiql0k3jpg/original.jpg[/img]

Did Jeep Offer Owners ‘Hush Money’ To Keep Quiet About Fire Risk?

Re: New Jeep Wrangler fires

i read it yesterday, and i seem to remember somewhere there being a news story about a few wrangler fires maybe 6 months ago.

after dealing with lexi's 300m, i will never touch or set foot in another Chrysler product again. they are inferior in every sense of the word.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yea, there is another article on the same site about the number of Wranglers shipped with completely mis-matched parts.

Black and white alternating fender package:

Gloss and matte black fender package:

No bueno.

I've seen the mismatched fenders but not the fires. I guess fire isn't in the trail rated checklist.

I heard of someone who got one brand new and the throttle went crazy and chrysler couldnt find what was wrong but said it was fixed. Yep fixed, till the person smashed into a pole cause of it.

I dont like chrysler, every last car/truck they make that I have ever had the displeasure to work on has been junk. I cannot fathom how people can use them for work trucks, they dont last at all. Cry all ya want about ford and even chevy-but they are built better.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

i LOVE the styling of the new ram trucks. it looks very classic without being retro. but i would never buy one. sad really.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'd buy a cummins powered ram with a manual tranny, but that's the only Chrysler product I would buy.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Navigator

i agree whole heartedly with Dan
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

[tinfoil]
    Notice how the .gov bails out Chrysler and basically puts itself into the auto manufacture business.
    Then, the .gov stepped right in and launched full scale investigations and all sorts of malarkey into the Toyota accelerator issues when that happened? (Right after Toyota passed GM as the worlds largest automaker)
    Now that Chrysler vehicles are catching fire the NHTSA is just "monitoring" the situation?
    [/tinfoil]

-Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Knock on wood, I feel very fortunate to not be in the market for a new car or truck. The only thing I really want isn't even made yet...some kind of alternative energy commuter car that doesn't rely on battery technology. I literally don't like a thing on the market, although I wouldn't complain if someone gave me (and paid the maintenance on) a 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE or an Aston Martin DBS V12 coupe. (I still wouldn't give up the 4Runner though.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast