Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oil for True Flow air filter

oil for True Flow air filter

True Flow air filter cleaning kits are no longer available and mine is overdue for a cleaning. I do have K&N filter oil sitting on my shelf but it is designed for a paper filter. I think the best bet is to use foam filter oil designed for a motorcycle filter since they are made somewhat similarly to the True Flow. Any thoughts?

Foam Filter Oil is for all street, off-road, and racing foam air filter applications. Innovative Bel-Ray technology has produced a foam filter oil unlike any other. It is easy to apply and improves airflow. Ultra-viscous formula forms an oil barrier to trap micron-sized particles that can cause engine damage. Waterproof formula prevents clogging when wet.

Re: oil for True Flow air filter

interesting. I had to abandon mine years ago when I could no longer her the refresh kits at a decent price.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

PJ1 spray foam filter oil. If you use the stuff in the bottle it will make a huge mess no matter how you do it.

I use PJ1 spray on my atv air filter and we ride in sand, never have any issues.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

That sounds like a solid recommendation. I assume you can buy it at most any cycle shop?

I'm in the same boat.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

yep, any
    Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    That sounds like a solid recommendation. I assume you can buy it at most any cycle shop?
    yep, bike shop. Doesnt have to be PJ1, but UNI, no toil, foam filter oil or whatever will work fine. I do like PJ1 over everything tho. Super tacky and works well.

Pj1 I think was the best back in the day as well. Unless andvances in cleaners have been made then only gas or desiel can clean your filter after after. No toil was pretty damn good and cleaned up easy. Good luck and keep it out of your maf

I'm not sure I would want anything too tacking on my filter. The factory True Flow oil wasn't all that tacky. I tend to have trouble offroad with my MAF and IAC so I am somewhat timid. I've got about 2 more re oilings with my True Flow stash.

The oil wont go past the filter at all, my atv lives in the sand and I dont run an airbox lid and no a single drop of the filter oil has ever gone past the filter into the carb that I can tell.

But yea the downside is you need to clean it with gas to get it off.

Oh so Troy wasn't joking around. Gas? Do you put the oil on both sides of the filter or just the inlet side?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast