Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Tacoma Teaser Pictures

You wish....lol! They better start putting diesels in stuff. The Colorado is getting one I think. Read about it somewhere.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Now just need info on the drivetrain:
    http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1501...50110_38547877
    Last edited by YotaFun; 01-10-2015 at 06:37 AM.

Overall, not bad. Could be much worse. The front looks a bit off, but otherwise, the rest of the appearance seems much more cohesive than the 4Runner. I never was a huge fan of the asymmetrical fender flares on the 2nd gen Tacoma, so I like the fenders here better.

The front is my only real complaint. I think the grill is a bit too large, and the flat hood looks a bit odd. I think it would look ok with an aftermarket front bumper though. The rear overhand looks longer than the 2nd gen Tacoma, but maybe that's just the way the sheet metal looks.

It'll be interesting to see what motors are available.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Powertrain details are finally in. 2.7 stays and a new 3.5 V6 replaces the 4.0. The new 3.5 does have direct injection, but thank god it's D4S direct injection, which means it has both port and direct injection. That will most certainly reduce or eliminate the carbon buildup problem that plagues DI engines. 6 speed manual is available.

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter View Post
    Overall, not bad. Could be much worse. The front looks a bit off, but otherwise, the rest of the appearance seems much more cohesive than the 4Runner. I never was a huge fan of the asymmetrical fender flares on the 2nd gen Tacoma, so I like the fenders here better.

The front is my only real complaint. I think the grill is a bit too large, and the flat hood looks a bit odd. I think it would look ok with an aftermarket front bumper though. The rear overhand looks longer than the 2nd gen Tacoma, but maybe that's just the way the sheet metal looks.

It'll be interesting to see what motors are available.
    Yeah... the front is my least favorite part.. specifically the grill. I hope that it grows on me... and I'm sure it looks better in person than in pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    Powertrain details are finally in. 2.7 stays and a new 3.5 V6 replaces the 4.0. The new 3.5 does have direct injection, but thank god it's D4S direct injection, which means it has both port and direct injection. That will most certainly reduce or eliminate the carbon buildup problem that plagues DI engines. 6 speed manual is available.
    I don't care if I'm wrong or right... doesn't matter to me... but I'm guessing the power is down compared to the new GM trucks. Otherwise I think they would be boasting about that.
    Last edited by fenrisx; 01-12-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Sounds like they took the 3.5l that is in the IS and GS Lexus...
    This is a time I wish I was back at Toyota so I could do the module for the new engine and fill you all in lol!

Though I won't hate to be at the dealer when they roll out, customers complained enough about the loud injectors on the BRZ/FRS...
    Lets just roll out a reflash to try to reduce the noise of the injectors....

The 3.5L engine sounds interesting. It uses an Atkinson cylce, which makes me wonder if Toyota has sacrificed power for efficiency.

I like the new interior, and a standard GoPro camera is something different. The new wheels look good too.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

I was thinking the same Dan. I know the CAFE numbers are suffering, and that is a place for the most improvement. I suspect there is a fair bit of aero on the vehicle as well.

It is OK. I felt the same way about the 2012 or whatever facelift, but I actually like it a lot now. I am hopeful this design will grow on me. I am a little disappointed that there was no alt-fuel version (hybrid, diesel, small children), but maybe that is being saved for a LA autoshow debut.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast