Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New O2 sensor = better mileage?

Re: New O2 sensor = better mileage?

cool.

I forgot you had the supercharger. your reliance on the o2's might be even more important than us NA guys. they are inexpensive to replace, so i would try it out.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I bought a wideband and hope to install it in the coming weeks. The wideband should give me some indication how healthy (or not) my O2 sensors are.

Sean, if/when URD comes out with the Rotrex SC, I challenge you to a race at the Sand Drags @ Pismo. I'm not so sure I would put money on it though, that prototype looks to be a beast.

Interesting, can't wait to see what URD does with it, a pro charger would be cool.

It took me nearly two years, but I finally placed an order through Amazon for a new front Denso oxygen sensor for $57. My mileage has really plummeted lately and my oxygen sensor is original, so hopefully this will make a difference.

Let me know how that goes... I'm suffering the same mileage suck-mo these days. Down to sub-14 from 18-19 with no other changes except gittin' old.
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

Scott it seems that recently all my trips are short so my mileage has gone way down. I used to get 150 per half tank no problem but now I seem to only get around 220 for the entire tank.

I think an new O2 sensor will get better mileage but it will be short lived. Maybe combined with other maintenance items you can get back up there. Perhaps the misfire has something to do with the decrease?

When the O2 sensor in my 93 went out years ago, the mileage plummeted. That's how I knew something was wrong.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Beats the hell outta me. At 200+ a tank (what I'm getting too), it's hard to think of the 4runner as a viable long-trip vehicle. I actually stole Molly's Subaru for my last multi-state extravaganza. Almost humiliating, that, but her 700 miles per tank beats my 200 all hollow.
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

I get 250 from full to fuel light coming on (approximately 3 gallons left). But the 4runner is over weight, tall, and bricked shaped. That is also at 70ish mph. If I do 55 or 60, I get closer to 20 mpg.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Right now, at 250 miles, I would have been pushing for the last 10... :-)
    Scott

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast