Quote Originally Posted by Obi..
Do Tail of the Dragon?
That would be awesome, but It doesn't look like I'm going to be in that part of NC. Now that I look back, I kinda wish I could've done a bit more exploring around NC before I leave. I've been wanting to check out Portsmouth Island for a while, but doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Would be a great spot for an east coast jamboree.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
Sedona is an awesome place, but in Aug it can be pretty hot. Expect temperatures in the 90s, but if you go, you'll probably be treated to monsoon rains in the afternoons. It cools down nicely, may or may not rain in your particular location, and you'll have a nice lightning show.

Most hiking trails are right off the road and depending on what trails you choose to hike, expect to get a couple hikes in per day.
I've heard about the great lighting storms out there, and that is something I'm looking forward to. Here in NC, we don't get too many crazy thunderstorms. Most of the big storms that roll across the plains end up being funneled up into the Ohio Valley by the Appalachians. I like a good thunderstorm as long as there aren't any tornados or hail. The humid summers we have here a miserable, so I'm looking forward to the dryer heat too.

I"m not in the greatest shape now, so I'd like to hit up some of those trails. I'd like to build up my stamina, and I need to lose 50 or 60 pounds.