Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dan's Cross-Country Road Trip

Re: Dan's Cross-Country Road Trip

Good luck Dan, be safe and watch out for the crazies.

Enjoy your trip Dan! The truck looks great with the BFGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    Good luck Dan, be safe and watch out for the crazies.
    THIS. If you need anything I can do for you while on the road, give me a shout!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Best of luck, looks like you're set for an amazing adventure! I'd love to travel around for that long and just see the country! Take a ton of photos to document as you'll definitely want to relive that trip some day!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

How goes it Dan? Waiting on updates!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

hope you are doing well, i gave you a call but it went straight to VM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Hop your trip is going well Dan, and is nothing but smooth driving :-)

Thanks guys! I'm in Oshkosh, WI right now.

I had a more detailed post written out, but lost it because my log in timed out.

I'll retype a more detailed post once I have some free time tonight.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

drive safe Dan-o and take lots of pictures!

I didn't want to clutter your trip report, and I also wanted to keep the ideas separate. So these popped into my head a little while ago and I thought you might like

When you're in OR & WA, you can get a lot of dirt time on the Backcountry Discovery Route. IIRC, you can drive from Canada to Cali with little to no asphalt and still be reasonably close to civilization to stock up on provisions.
    OR Backcountry Dicovery Route: http://www.oohva.org/
    WA Backcountry Discovery Route: http://www.wabdr.com/
    another with a few states listed: http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/blog/

I'm not sure about WA, but statewide Oregon requires a $10 OHV permit (good for 2 years) before you hit the dirt.

I believe, if you don't already know about it, the http://ghosttowns.com/ site should find you some interesting places to visit.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast