Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My next tire?

Re: My next tire?

I'm pretty happy with the BFG AT/KO's I have. I was considering the Goodyear DuraTrac, but went with the BFG's mainly because of the thicker sidewall, and because of the recommendation of a few here. I've been happy with my fuel consumption, and recently got 23.4 mpg while driving across the flat hwy 2 in Montana. Mileage drops down to about 19 in the mountains, but I'm still happy with that.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    I've been happy with my fuel consumption, and recently got 23.4 mpg while driving across the flat hwy 2 in Montana. Mileage drops down to about 19 in the mountains, but I'm still happy with that.
    The 3.4 with a manual is a great combo! Even with the lift, larger tires and supercharger I still get at least what the EPA says my truck should get.

BTW, I saw this yesterday and got a good laugh:

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    BTW, I saw this yesterday and got a good laugh:
    Oh dear
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

This is what happens when you lift your truck and don't get an alignment done because your inner TRE's are bad... and proceed to ride on it that way for about 15,000 miles without a rotation. I've put about 20,000 on my truck since then, but I did rotate the tires once since then. Maybe twice.. I can't remember.

I just finish riding home on the interstate for about 16 miles in a heavy downpour/thunderstorm. Scary ride. I need to hurry up and make a tire decision.

Navigator

sounds like you need to replace your tre's (if you havent already) before you burn another set of tires..
    - Kevin

Yeah, that's the plan. TRE's, tires, alignment.

I think I'm leaning towards the Silent Armors. Although, even though I don't need this aggressive of a tire, I'm also starting to lean back towards Duratracs which were not on my original short list(but tires I've liked for a long time). The plan is for me to order inner TRE parts this week, hopefully get it in next week & then order tires. Might go ahead and do lower ball joins as well while I'm at it.

Have you looked at the new BFG Rugged Terrain T/A, little less aggressive then the Duratracs but little more aggressive then the Rugged Trail or the Silent Armors.

FWIW, my stepdad had the silent Armors on his 02, and they were horrible, lasted a very short time and when they where a little around half lift it was like driving with bald tires, I found myself spinning out in it alot!

The General Grabber AT2s are a nice tires, little less aggressive then the Duratracs, and BFG AT but still a very good traction tire

Navigator

Duratracs are great tires, but they are soft rubber and I doubt they'd last too long when daily driven.. (I had em on my old 4runner and loved them traction-wise in everything)
    - Kevin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123