Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What other vehicles do you drive / own?

What other vehicles do you drive / own?

I know we're all Toyota lovers but I know we and/or the significant others may not be as obsessed with Toyotas. With that said, what other vehicles do you own / drive as part of your family (includes parents as needed)? I've got a bunch of die hard Toyota friends who will drive all of their Toyotas to the grave but their significant others are driving some rather interesting and surprising vehicles from Hyundai, Subaru, GM to even motorcycles to boot!

I'm pimpin two Honda's (Accord and a Civic). Ultra reliable and just drives like butter. Just can't beat the mpg. If the Prius was cheaper than the Civic I I'd be all over the Prius in a heartbeat. Driving 100+ miles roundtrip to work takes a toll of any vehicle I drive daily especially the Land Cruiser which gets an awesome 12mpg! The Accord is much better at 25mpg and the Civic comes in with a generous 35mpg but if I can get the Prius at 50mpg with the Civic price... dude I'm sold!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Re: What other vehicles do you drive / own?

I tried my hand at another brand and it didn't work out. Volvo 850 Turbo--it was a POS and the engine blew up at 133,000 miles. Besides that, it always had multiple things wrong with it, despite how anal I was trying to keep it in top shape. So I am back to the reliable 4Runner as my daily driver.

Besides the 4Runner's reliability, it's amazing how well it's constructed. There are still no squeeks and rattles, despite the fact that it spends a lot of time offroad, has had multiple trips down Saline Valley Road in Death Valley (anyone who has been there knows what I'm talking about), etc. The Volvo had mad rattles everywhere on a paved road.

Alexus and I split our driving between the 4Runner and a 97 Honda CRV. The CRV was "given" (nothing is truly free...) to us by my parents since we were the only ones that drove it anymore. I drive it to school since it usually gets about 26mpg, and the 4runner gets 15 going downhill with a tailwind.

We sold Alexus's "Accident Waiting to Happen" 2000 Chrysler 300M. Good riddance! That was one of the worst cars I have ever had the displeasure of working on. It drove sorta nice (for a worn out old car) but I am glad it is gone. The massive electrical problems were the biggest concern, and I didn't want it catching the overhead wires on fire above where it was parked.

My dad drives a '12 KIA Sportage EX. He got that after his civic was totaled by some guy texting in traffic. It is shockingly nice inside and out, and is one of the better cars I have driven in a long time.

My parents also still have the '02 Ford Superduty. It usually just sits and keeps the driveway from flying away in the wind. Today it will haul a load of demolition materials to the dump.

Keeping up maintenance on 3 old vehicles is getting to be quite a challenge. 2 need timing belts, all need oil changes, etc etc.

I still have my VW, sitting driver-seat-less on the side of the house. Someday VW, someday.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

My wife's car is a 2006 VW Jetta TDI DSG (turbo-diesel ftw ). It's a very sweet little car that's been good to us. It gets about 42-45 mpg on the highway, and 35-38mpg in mixed city driving (with my wife's lead foot). The DSG is significantly higher in maintenance costs than a manual ($400 for a fluid change every 40k), but my wife decided she wanted an automatic transmission for the convenience. The maintenance for the diesel is slightly higher than the gas counterpart due to more exotic oil and filters, but not too bad since I get it all through my Amsoil distributor.

We just had to have about $2500 worth of work done due to a flywheel replacement (common problem on the 2005.5-2006 DSG) coinciding with the 100k timing belt job (which of course also requires a water pump and some idlers/tensioners), but I'm glad we got it done because that's basically the only work we've had to do on the car since we bought it in 2008. That's better than can be said for my 4Runner, although my 4Runner is a lot older.

Heated seats/mirrors, sunroof, built-in Sirius w/ 6-disc changer, it's a sweet ride!
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

My family and I use to be die hard GM fans, My mom always had an Oldsmobile which the last one we had turned into my first car (95' Cutlass Supreme SL) and my Stepdad had a 92' Grand Am with over 200k on it.

But both were getting tired.
    We were moving into a house and looking for either an SUV or truck to help with house work stuff.
    Looked at all the options and ended with the 02' Sport Edition 4Runner, that we will have that has about 240k on the clock now (140k on the trans) and besides the trans and t-belt, did a radiator and brakes and thats it, it just goes.

My mom after she gave me the olds got a 98' Lexus ES 300 which she still has and it has about 170k on it now, besides normal maint and finally some much needed suspension work, that car is still a dream to drive.

I wrecked the olds in 05' and was looking for something more reliable since I had already gone through head gaskets and the trans was starting to slip, (had 192k on it when it hit the pole) and ended with my 97' SR5, love it do death, going to be sad to see it go at just before 200k (50 miles to be exact at this point in time) but I will be getting myself another 3rd gen, It just the right vehicle.

I had an 99' VW GTI with the 2.0 and an auto trans, with over 230k (bought it at 200+k) it was an awesome little car, needed major maint work when I got it, but once I had that all sorted out nad got new tires on it, that was the best little car I ever owned till it started nickel and diming me, with the cooling system, the fans went one at a time, then the A/C system needed new parts, then finally the heater core went and I knew it was time to let it go, and I did lol

Then I got myself into an 05' Camry LE and its awesome, i wrecked it but it still is going and I will run it into the ground, unless I sell if first to help fund a down payment for a new house.

My boyfriend since I met him two years ago has been through a multiple of cars lol.
    When we first met he had a 99' Nissan Altima, wasn't a bad car at all, the day he paid it off to get the title some hit him and totaled it in a hit and run, thankfully he was okay, then we got him into a 00' Honda CRV which was awesome to drive, when it was running right, but it needed a head gasket and before I could fix it he rolled it avoiding a deer, then a family member sold him a 03' Saturn Ion coupe, another fun car to drive till the trans went, and I finally said, THATS IT! I your getting something reliable! So now he drives a 06' Toyota Matrix AWD fully loaded XR, not issues as of yet at 74k but damn I love that little car!

I sold my '90 4Runner a few months ago, so right now, all I've got is my '00 4Runner.

Once I settle down and find a shop to work in, I may pick up my Grandpa's 1945 Ford 2 ton truck to restore. Needs a lot of work, but it's free.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Our other car is a 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5XT and it's a great little car. If anything it's just too little for a family of 4 but it fits the bill. It's fast, has cost us very little to maintain, gets good mileage and is comfortable.

My parents have a 2nd gen Prius and they like it a lot. Great mileage and lots of room. They also have a 2006 or so Nissan Altima 2.5 that my Dad says gets around 33 mpg.

My sister has an '06 4th gen 4Runner and her fiance an IS300. Both of which treat them very well. My sister commutes all over in her 4runner but doesn't complain about it being a gas hog, must be because she makes good money. She's pretty small though and feels safer in a larger vehicle

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    Alexus and I split our driving between the 4Runner and a 97 Honda CRV. The CRV was "given" (nothing is truly free...) to us by my parents since we were the only ones that drove it anymore. I drive it to school since it usually gets about 26mpg, and the 4runner gets 15 going downhill with a tailwind.
    I loved my 97 CR-V til I destroyed it.. was a great car.

Not going through my car history here, but currently I have the Taco, my 2002 Ducati SuperSport 750 (Daily Rider, for sale), and my girlfriend drives my old stanced '86 BMW 325. My mom has a 2005 Chevy 2500 with the 6.0L, and my step dad commutes in a 2005 Civic LX.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

my only vehicle right now is my 4Runner, I "WILL" have a 2010+ Infinit G37x Coupe, either supercharged or twin turbos will be the only real mods I do.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

The T100 is still my daily, so so mpg (I think I get about 14mpg in town maybe less, it still vibrates (I gave up caring). But it runs and runs and runs. i need to do the t-belt and waterpump but its fine for now. I bought it with 160, it now has 235 and still keeps on going and going and going.

before that I had a 93 v6 camry. Really good car but dang if the struts didnt wear out prematurely at 120k. It was in dang near perfect shape tho, I replaced the front struts but sold it before the trans went at 160k. I never understood why but the trans began to burn fluid for no real reason and the engine burned 2 qts every few weeks. Despite the fact it was my grandmas car and she and my grandfather took really good care of it. I sold it and bought the t100.

Had a 92 F150 that was my grandfathers. great truck, was kinda worn out by the time I got it, but it ran good. Had a straight six, 5 speed and was 2wd (its only problem!). I loved that truck, my grandfather custom ordered it and I dont think I ever found another one like it. It had some sorta HD suspension and sat almost as high as a 4wd one. I put so much firewood in it once that the truck cried and I had to throw some wood in the cab with me lol.

I did have an 86 4runner that the ebay seller lied to me about. Said it was in ok shape but was a total rust bucket. The body mounts were all gone and the frame was rusted. I nabbed it anyways but it wasnt worth it. It was the famed 22re and 5 speed tho. The starter went, but when I did get it running the thing ran great. I never registered or insured it so it only got driven around my block every so often. Sold it like 4 months later to some nut who drove it illegally like 75 miles back to his house. If it was in better shape I woulda made a truggy outta it or something.

Had a 94 F250 HD but sadly the motor gave up (bad HG) and I didnt have the cash to repair it. My boss bought it from me and just drives it to the dump like 2 miles away. I wish it was in better shape mechanically cause the body was about a 7/10. Some rust but nothing like the ones ive seen before. Woulda made a great truck to keep since it had an 8ft bed-and I miss having that capacity.

Im probably going to venture away from toyota and pick up a 00-08 F150 or maybe an 99-03 F250 diesel or newer v8 F250 when i sell the t100 or it dies. I need a larger truck that can carry more and has more ability. Ill probably buy a corolla or civic to drive around locally.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast