Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2002 4Runner Rebuild...Bringing her back from storage!!!

Re: 2002 4Runner Rebuild...Bringing her back from storage!!!

Haha, I wish... she hasnt even been in that 4Runner yet, but when she does get the bug I'm sure its not going to be cheap, so lets hope I get mine back in running shape before!

Chris, I had a bead on an 85 a couple years back and the guy sold it from under me as I was on my way to pick it up... havent found another one in my price range yet, but when I do.... well, it will probably look something along the lines of yours.

Anyways, I wound up finding a used driveshaft for 75 bucks pretty close to me, and I am going to pick that up on Friday and since I really only need the front flange to get my truck back in business that saves me an unneeded 350$ that can go towards my new lift or the new batteries the truck is going to need.

I live about 2 hours away from where the truck is now, and apparently I cant get into the new storage place for anything near a reasonable price so I guess she will stay where she is until the heavy repairs are done with.

My basic list (keep in mind this will continue to change as I find parts for cheap(er) or my ADD kicks in and I work on a different aspect of it, is as follows...

Install the new driveshaft with the MOOG uJoint's that have been sitting in the glove box for over a year(finally!) All the new plastics from ARB, new driver and driver rear window motors (they got wet one too many times I guess)Pulling all the old random wiring that was done half assed or drunk in my college days, rewiring my dual batteries to both sit upfront and install a smart solonoid to isolate them. Change every single fluid with the good stuff, new thermostat, seafoam, new air filter, plugs, wires, blah blah blah... I am going to try and get my hands on a mean green alternator before this so I can just knock out most of the electrical in a day or two.

I know I have a motor mount thats busted, so go ahead and replace those while Im there and then finally track down why my check engine light wont stay off...

I found my lift for 750$ online (just going with the standard OME that has treated me so well for so many years... unless someone can show me something better) and tires are going to be around 1250$ installed.
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

BE SUPER careful installing the u-joints. I just had a fiasco where even an experienced mechanic couldnt get mine out without damaging everything. I wound up needing a new DS.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Soak them up really well for a while,
    If they show signs of giving you a headache bring on the heat.

If heat still doesn't help, a buddy just did mine and ended up torching out the center of the join so the caps would not be pushing against the opposite side which is usually where the bind getting these things out occurs.

Thanks for the advice, should I soak them in PB or something before I try and get them out? Ill have a spare on hand anyways, but would prefer to use the one Ive had for 180k if at all possible
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12