Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower control arm install coming soon

Navigator

Re: Lower control arm install coming soon

Is the LCA different? or just the LBJ? to me it sounds like the LCA's are still the same, just what's attached is different.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

The lower control arms are same in design except for one part, the mounting point for the sway bar endlink.

I have a fresh set sitting under my box now waiting for me to get some new eccentrics and install them on my donor frame.

sonofabeeeeeeach. truck pulls three codes today:

PO300
    PO303
    PO304

Which basically means cylinder misfire. P0300 means you have more than one misfiring. The last number means which one is misfiring, so I have 2 (cyls 3 and 4). Just ordered and will be changing out the old wires and OEM plugs with new ones. Fawk, I changed the plugs about 4 months ago, fyi. I hope this doesn't mean injectors are fouled.

On another updated note, I've changed tack slightly. Found these poly bushings from the Toytec website:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

$60 total with shipping. So talked w/ Sean and now convinced this could be a hydraulic lift-less job. So if I can swing this for $60 total vs the quotes/costs above, I will be a happy clam.

That said, my truck pulled some misfire codes today. FAWK!

Bob, you're not gonna like what I'm about to type, but once you swap parts out, if the issue remains, consider pulling your heads. It's across both banks based on the codes. You're gonna want to look for those tell tale hairline cracks in the dome area between the spark plug hole and valve guide holes.

Re: Lower control arm install and spark plug change

Obi,

Good or bad news, thanks for the advice!

Whoa Whoa Whoa, Hold up before even considering pulling heads!

Cyl 3 and cyl 4 iirc are linked through the coil pack (don't have my runner with me right now but will confirm tomorrow for you)
    Before you do anything, swap out the coil packs and see if the miss moves, if it does your looking at a coil pack.
    If not, then it is something else, I know you said that you changed them 4 months ago but how many miles, iirc the plugs in the 3.4l are to be changed every 30k, I know the 4.0 is that way.

Run some seafoam through the tank, could possibly be a stuck injector?
    What kind of gas are you running getting? how many miles are on your truck now?

Doing an injector is easier then pulling the heads!

It is RARE that anything in the 3.4l heads go, gasket maybe on the 96 early 97, but last I thought Bob you have a 99+ Runner?

Just my .02, and the Bushings for the Control arms are not a bad Idea, but here is another, option, find someone parting out from a SAS build, get those arms cheap and put the new bushings in them and then this way the down time on your truck is minimal.

Yota,

Thanks, I'll check too. I have a 98, used to have a 99. Miles since last spark plug change= probably no more than 4 thousand, i have a short commute.

I'm running regular as recommended.

If it were more convenient to find and obtain a pair from a SAS build, I would. Not worried about down time because I have 2 cars

Got the bushings in on Friday, have not had time to work on this as spark plugs and wires will be today. I just changed out the old wires out last night to see if will have any effect. Time to take a drive with the OBDII sensor (Lance you butt pirate, you can keep the one I lent you now!) and see if it picks up the P0300, PO303, and PO304 code again.

Ok, time to look at the coil packs...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast