Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Headgasket (finally)

Re: Project Headgasket (finally)

use some heat on it map gas works better too
    or put the ratchet on it hook a chain to it and the tacoma and hall ass should come off then
    i sell cars to soon to ever work on them

Not recommended, but you can also take a breaker bar thats long enough to lay on the frame and tap the starter over, not going to lie, when I do timing belts in the trucks and runners thats what I do...

When I did the timing belt on my 2nd gen, I built one of those tools to keep the crank from turning. It worked great for keeping the crank from turning, but I still had put a pipe on the end of a breaker bar, and I had to literally hang off the breaker bar to break the bolt loose. I broke a couple of sockets, but it finally gave.

I never removed the cam bolts on my 2nd gen, but when I did the ones on my 3rd gen, I used one of those cam tools to keep the cam sprocket from turning.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Not recommended, but you can also take a breaker bar thats long enough to lay on the frame and tap the starter over, not going to lie, when I do timing belts in the trucks and runners thats what I do...
    That's what I did with the van, but it's a manual. does that trick work with autos?

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    When I did the timing belt on my 2nd gen, I built one of those tools to keep the crank from turning. It worked great for keeping the crank from turning, but I still had put a pipe on the end of a breaker bar, and I had to literally hang off the breaker bar to break the bolt loose. I broke a couple of sockets, but it finally gave.

I never removed the cam bolts on my 2nd gen, but when I did the ones on my 3rd gen, I used one of those cam tools to keep the cam sprocket from turning.
    I have a tool I built somewhere too for the crankshaft pulley that I need to find
    My signature

Yeah, my trucks and auto, keep it in park and tap the starter like you were starting the truck normally, just tap and your good, if that doesn't do it, its time to get a little heat on it

Navigator

Chris - I checked and the one I had a new intake elbow on was my short lived silver one.. So I do not have one worth using. Sorry.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    Chris - I checked and the one I had a new intake elbow on was my short lived silver one.. So I do not have one worth using. Sorry.
    Thanks for checking!

Here's how it sits as of this morning. Going to really tackle the camshaft bolts and crankshaft bolt today (have to at this point). Also, going to have to tackle the exhaust, been soaking what I can reach with pb blaster... wish me luck

Tell me about injectors. What do I need to do since I have them out? Also, the #1 injector had a broken piece, not sure if that was a problem or not.(same cylinder that had fluid pour out when I pulled the sparkplug)
    Here's a pic of it

I will get pics of how the camshaft area looks on both sides. It's interesting what areas are really clean and where it is really dirty
    My signature

Finally got the camshaft pulley bolts off! Tried impact gun over 200psi, heat, etc... Finally, got it using my own redneck strap wrench. Broke loose surprisingly easy with just a 3' cheater pipe.

My signature

Send those injectors out to www.witchhunter.com for cleaning. They'll pre-test, clean them, flow test, and replace gaskets for $21 per injector. I've used them and they do great work.
    95.5 Tacoma 3.4L Auto

Chris, plastic caps on my injectors were broke too, although not as bad as yours. Mine were mostly just cracked, but still hanging on to the injectors. The dealer doesn't sell just the caps, but I was able to buy the caps from the place rworegon mentioned.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast