Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New car shopping, some advice please

Re: New car shopping, some advice please

Not that I've driven any of them, but my list would be:
    1.) Subaru - very dependable, well built. You're already happy with one.
    2.) RAV4 - also well built, and I would put that a close second also.
    3.) Nissan Rogue - where did that come from? Hahaha. You've already got two very good choices, why even put the Rogue on the list?! I get she likes it NOW, but will she like it years down the road?
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

If you get the Subaru, keep in mind the 4 cylinder has a CVT transmission which has drawn a lot of complaints. It's really slow, noisy and the shifting is just really odd. One review we read summed it up pretty good:

"Stop-and-go traffic felt like a chore for the Outback's CVT and four-cylinder engine. It was pokey from a stop and was slow to spool out more power at highway speeds; passing required some planning and a deep stab of the pedal. It sounded just as unhappy about it as I was. The CVT droned intrusively during around-town driving, emitting a near-constant crabby groan. The noise faded to tolerable levels on the highway, though."

and Cars.com's conclusion:
    "Overall, the Outback capably managed to get us and all our stuff over the river and through the woods without much fuss, unless, of course, you count the CVT?s complaints. An annoying drivetrain and less-than-comfortable front seat were offset by commendable fuel economy, a reasonable base price and an accommodating second row. Maybe I should relegate myself to the backseat during my next Outback outing."

We didn't drive the 6 cylinder Outback with the regular non-CVT auto, so maybe try that one. Meanwhile, a friend has a newer V6 Rav4 and not only do they really like it, I have ridden in it a few times and like it a lot. It was on our list of cars, but we ended up buying an Acura TSX wagon last Sunday. It was about $3k more than other cars we looked at, but has everything we wanted.

Well, a brand new, 2012 Rav4 Limited V-6 is sitting in our driveway. I'm incredibly impressed with it, plus you couldn't beat the 0% financing toyota was offering to get the 2012's off the lot before the redesigned 2013's come in.

I loved the Subaru, but it wasn't Nicole's favorite in terms of looks, and there was no way I'd be caught dead in a Rogue... I know I would have been just as happy with the forester as I am with the Rav, but at the end of the day, it was a vehicle that we both liked, and had some features over the Forester, plus 0% financing, that sold me on it.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Good choice, congrats!

Navigator

Congrats Oly!
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Congrats, you will be happy with the Rav!

Navigator

- Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12