View Poll Results: How many of you only have a cell phone as your primary phone?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I only have and use a cell phone as my primary

13 86.67%
  • No - I have a land line phone

2 13.33%
  • I use a carrier pigeon or smoke signals

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you only have a cell phone as your primary phone?

Navigator

Re: How many of you only have a cell phone as your primary phone?

Cell only for me
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I have a land line. I use my cell phone primarily. Wife uses the land line when she's working from home, but the reason I never get rid of the land line is for 911 emergencies. If the wife or kids dial 911, I want them to know exactly where the call is coming from, even if the family can't respond for some reason.
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by kafene
    I have a land line. I use my cell phone primarily. Wife uses the land line when she's working from home, but the reason I never get rid of the land line is for 911 emergencies. If the wife or kids dial 911, I want them to know exactly where the call is coming from, even if the family can't respond for some reason.
    In my county they have cell phone tracking for 911 calls. I'm surprised that hasn't been implemented more widespread.
    - Kevin

I think most places have cell phone tracking, e911 or 'enhanced 911' for cell phones. It allows calculating 911 calls by triangulation. Read an article that said they can track to within 10 meters or 95% of the person's location. If someone breaks into my house with my girls inside, I don't then to have to calculate anything! LOL. With land lines, the home address pops up immediately and they know exactly where to go & not halve to guess between my house & the four other houses around me. That means cops can have 5 houses to guess. If it's a tight packed apartment housing, it can get even trickier?
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

actually, i will revise my previous statement. when we do move out, we will have a landline but no long distance or other features. this way we have a hard line into the house, can receive calls, etc. but will use our cell phones as everything else. This should only be a few dollars a month, so no big deal.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM

Otherwise we have 2 land lines, 1 is a fax line.
    What is this fax thing you're talking about
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by arjan

What is this fax thing you're talking about
    hahah my dad still gets stuff from work this way. Originally it was the line for aol to dial out on
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    hahah my dad still gets stuff from work this way. Originally it was the line for aol to dial out on
    BAHAHA XD.. I remember AOL..
    - Kevin

Im SOOOO HAPPY AOL died. I dont think anyone uses it anymore.

Reminds me:
    Back when i worked for compusa they had this "aol computer" deal. Basically it was a 100 dollar pc that they made you sign up for 5 years of aol with lol. Cant tell you how many of those I returned afterwards..lot track.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

OMG AOL "You've Got Mail"

I liked AOL at first but then when highspeed internet came out the platform for it just wasn't needed anymore.

One of my morning alarms is the old dial up tone you use to hear when signing on to AOL lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast