View Poll Results: How many of you only have a cell phone as your primary phone?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I only have and use a cell phone as my primary

13 86.67%
  • No - I have a land line phone

2 13.33%
  • I use a carrier pigeon or smoke signals

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you only have a cell phone as your primary phone?

How many of you only have a cell phone as your primary phone?

I was just filling out a survey today and came across the ubiquitous "Home Phone" field. It's been over a year since I ditched my landline. I was looking at my usage the year prior and each call I made that wasn't part of the plan was something like $35 a phone call or something ridiculous like that (factored in the cost per month / # of uncovered calls).

Since I've gotten rid of it, I haven't been happier. I always hated getting calls from creditors looking for people who owed shit and owned the number too. Not to mention, saving a lot of money. I have a 1500 min plan so I have way more minutes than I could ever use.

Anyways, poll away. 7 days. Should be interesting to see. I am guessing probably 40-50% of you are just like me (mobile phone only)

Bob

Re: How many of you only have a cell phone as your primary phone?

I only have my cell. No home phone, although I don't really have a home now anyways.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Marin and I only used to have cell phones but once we bought the house and made a baby we've had a landline. I don't use it, or even check the voicemails, but the wife uses it everyday. With the home birth, kids and having people at the house everyday it's easier. Plus we have comcast triple play and it makes the plan much more affordable. I kind of like when I'm watching tv and I see the number pop up, we usually have the handsets on silent. I'll usually only get up to answer the phone if its a telemarketer, I have good fun with those guys. Now that Maggie is of the age she uses the phone to talk to auntie and grandparents. I'd rather her use a house phone than a smartphone (our cell phones are not toys and are off limits most of the time-its a parenting thing). Soon we'll teach the 3 year old about 911 and when it should be used. With that a home phone will come in handy.

We both run cells as primarys but kept the land line in case of a tower failure or whatever. Besides, what other number would we let out for spammers to waste time on?

I LOVE IT when the house phone rings, wife hates it...

..because she knows I'm about to have some stupid fun with some poor telemarketing spammer.

@Mike, let Mags answer the spam calls, Lil'One's almost as good as Dad now and makes my brother-in-law roll over laughing.

Her routine is "Hello?" "Do I get a cookie?" "Do I get candy?" "No I make the dishins." "I want money." "You bad. You wrong." "Daddy's cooler than you." "Ok, bye."

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to have her go "Waaaaaaaaaaa, they all dead now because of you.".

It has been a couple of years since I have had a landline. The only people that called me on it were telemarketers and political advertisements. Needless to say, I don't miss it a bit.

my parents have a land line, and i live with them, so i guess that makes me have one as well. that being said, i rarely use it, and a few years ago ATT installed a cell tower in the church steeple across the street, so I now get excellent cell service.

when we move out within the next year, we will not be getting a land line.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I haven't had a land line in about 5 years, maybe more... It's just a waste of money if you live in an area with good cell coverage (imo).

cell only here but the catch is that I have several google phone numbers setup so my spamming buddies get to call me on of my google numbers.

I've also transitioned so that I'm only using my google number rather than my cell. This way if I'm out of the country I can redirect the calls to my work cell. hehe
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Live with my rent, and we need the land line, actually two, our cell coverage at our house is just down right shit...

I am glad we have the land line, comes with the comcast triple play, and in the latest hurricane helped us report our power outage.

The nice thing is our primary land line is blocked and we never get calls except for the grand rents when they call from overseas, our second line gets all the spam calls and on it, doesn't ring so we never notice it.

When I move out, depending on the location if the cell coverage is good I will not have a land line, however if it is less then stellar like at my parents then we will have a land line, probably vonage or if we get the comcast package with that.

I should change it, but too late..

I only use my cell and I dont give it out to anyone unless I want to.

Otherwise we have 2 land lines, 1 is a fax line. I use that line to send to anything I need to list a number for and dont want them bothering me for any reason. Otherwise we have a regular phone line too b/c of the cable package. Not many call us on it and we only answer if we see a number we know. Usually its rachel from card holder services, some politician cold call thats automated or whatever number I choose not to answer. Everyone knows if they really want us to leave a message.

I ever go out on my own, I dont think Ill bother with a landline.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast