Thread: Chernobyl today.

Chernobyl today.

I ran across this article about chernobyl and what it's like today, on one of my photography forums . The pictures and the stories of this modern ghost town are fascinating. (Plus, I can't help but think about where everything took place in call of duty. ). The author also briefly talks about what they're doing to deal with the radiation that still lurks in the deteriorating containment building.

http://www.podniesinski.pl/portal/?p=5575
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: Chernobyl today.

I have seen a lot of photos from Chernobyl and Pripyat (the ghost town) and I have to say, I would love to go there.

Is that strange?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I always find it interesting that national disasters fill the media for weeks on end, then you never hear anything afterward about cleanup, recovery, etc. I don't think I have seen any footage about the tsunami in Japan since the weeks after it happened. Same goes for Hurricane Sandy and Katrina.

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Is that strange?
    No, not at all. I'd love to go there if I knew it was safer, and I'm not talking about the radiation!
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Thats intense!

Very cool photos! Just scary how intense the affects are long after the actual disaster. Sad story about the initial pilots that flew there. Just crazy.
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O