Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Failed Frame Inspection

Lance, The Tacoma's usually get all new suspension minus front coilovers, do to the fact the bolt for the rear shackle usually freezes up in the bushings. So new springs are part of the kit.

The pinch weld got boogered up probably due to them lifting the truck body front there.
    Usually our guys ratchet strap the body to the lift to make sure it doesn't move and that no body damage occurs.

It simply is not possible to have someone else work on your vehicle and not mess something up.

Exactly.... I can't complain. I had a brand new Venza at my disposal for 2 and a half weeks.
    Cupholder Mod

Perhaps the pinch weld was damaged when they pulled the body and maybe stored it while they were working on the frame? Or maybe the body wasn't completely unbolted from the frame when they began to separate the two?

Ken thats not 100% true....
    I am part of the % of techs that make sure a vehicle leaves the shop just as it came in or better.

Its funny, on my team I am usually handed all the Trucks and body on frame SUVs because they see I tend to care more about those then the cars (I treat ever customer car as if it were carrying a newborn home), and I have a good knowledge of them over the cars (I can usually pick out the year of the truck or SUV just by looking at it, I'm best with the 3rd gens :-P )

Some people are hacks, some people are meticulous, and some people just have those off days where it just happens

Avy, no offense, I've just had bad luck. I do everything myself for that reason. Last month I decided it would be best to take our new Acura in to the dealer for its first oil change. Even that didn't work out well--they ran the front bumper into their lift and damaged the front bumper. They didn't say anything about it and of course when we brought it to Acura's attention they claimed they didn't do it but would fix it anyway. This just happens to me everytime I pay someone to do anything. Again, no offense. You should come to work for my local Acura dealer, I would request you specifically.

I don't think I have ever had a good experience when having something done to my truck. Every time I am disappointed. Took it in for a rear spring recall appt, they didn't have the parts, but told me my belts needed replacing (they didn't, and wrong end of the vehicle guys...). I have tons more.

I have my trusted mechanic for stuff I can't or won't do on my own, but my experience with dealerships is VERY disappointing. I avoid at all costs. Sad that that is the way it is. Dealerships really need to go above and beyond to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen, honest mistake or sloppy job.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sean, especially disappointing when shop rates seem to run $115/hr.

I dont like dealers either for those reasons.

There are good and bad mechanics everywhere, but the dealers seem to have them the most. I LOVE people who tell me the car is only repaired by the dealer, this usually means they did a piss poor job.

"how can my battery be bad I just had it in for service?" well sir its COVERED in dried acid, if I had a dollar for everytime I heard that one Id be rich.

I also HIGHLY dislike the zillion point check they do. Often then LIE. My mom had brand new brakes, rotors and drums on her car and the mechanic at the dealer said they needed to be replaced..right..

Id sooner trust the hacks at ammco or midas honestly. If I cant do it myself I do the job with my mechanic buddy. otherwise I have literally 1 mechanic I trust and thats it.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast