Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Not how I planned to end my wheeling trip...

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    careful on that upper link. the stock rods will twist to allow more droop. You might bind earlier with that new tube.
    So to Update this thread a little and answer this question:

No binding at all, and to tell you the truth I think the stronger links helped keep the axle centered because I didn't hit my gas tank skid at all, and even with it bent out of shape I would still hit it hard when the drivers side stuffed.

And I never lifted tire all day long, the suspension set up to me is about dialed in perfect now.
    Time to get a locker back in it, a set of sliders again, and the gas tank moved to the rear, after other To-Dos get done....

Hey that's good news! Glad to hear everything is working well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Great to see it back on the trail.

Yeah Mike, I am too, I wish I got pics of it but I was to busy devouring the trail that devoured the truck.
    Happy to say I made it up the trail without a locker. Honestly I think not having the locker has made me a better driver off-road, I got spoiled with it lol

I would agree with that sentiment, and it is the reason I love to see guys start out in a stock truck and build thier way into the sport over time, rather than build it up all at once and then wheel it.

I feel that by me starting with an open/open 4runner on stock suspension and small tires helped me learn to pick lines carefully and how to make the truck do what you want it to.

Then add in lift, tires, lockers, armor, cage, etc and I still pick my lines carefully, and make the truck do what I want, I just do it on way more hardcore stuff.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Looks like you had alot of fun Avy
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Avy - I would sure like to get up your way sometime, see what some of this Northeast wheeling is all about.
    -Chris
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.

Marc, it was long overdue....

Chris, little less mud and a bit more rock :-)

I hear ya Avy, I miss doing going out wheeling but it being my only ride lol.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post
    Marc, it was long overdue....

Chris, little less mud and a bit more rock :-)
    WE have plenty of rock here in TN and NC, but I would sure like to get a change of scenery from time to time.
    -Chris

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast