Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4 View Post
Really? That's lame. I wonder how hard it would be to make an adapter?
There are actually three quick charge standards--CHaDEMO, Tesla Supercharger and now SAE combo. Tesla sells an adapter for $450 that will allow Tesla cars to charge on CHaDEMO, which is the quick charge standard used on all EVs except the e-Golf and BMW i3. The BMW i3 and the e-Golf will use the SAE combo type. It does have an advantage, the 120/240 volt charging and the quick charging can all be done on the same port, whereas the CHaDEMO has one port for 120/240V and a second port for quick charging, which takes up space. On a gas conversion car like an e-Golf, they can fit one port in the fuel door area but not two. But it will take a long time for that standard to catch on, if it does, and it just creates another obstacle to EV adoption. Very much a VHS/beta situation.

Yup, the handling sold me and why i didn't by the Prius.
The Golf is a nice car to drive, the Prius is an appliance. The Atkinson cycle engine, CVT transmission and uninspiring suspension do nothing to help. I had to laugh at today's article, Toyota announcing they are going after Tesla (who stole the green car spotlight from the Prius) and they plan to offer a new exciting Prius. I know what that means, a shark-mouth front end just like everything else Toyota is coming out with.