Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
Hate to say it but my personal opinion is that electric isn't the answer for personal transport yet. Don't get me wrong I think the development of batteries and hybrid are both amazing but I will bet my bottom dollar the winner is going to be who comes out with a safe hydrogen setup. Toyota is working on that currently in socal.
Toyota is taking orders for the Mirai and the interest level has been dismal.

"When the Chevrolet Volt first launched, GM-Volt.com had accumulated a want list of more than 50,000 consumers interested in the car, with more than 20,000 willing to put down a deposit – this without any promotion from GM itself.

When the Nissan opened its web-portal for Americans to make $99 reservations on the LEAF, the site was instantly bogged down to a crawl.

“We had 2,700 reservations in the first three hours,” reported Nissan’s senior director for customer management and business strategy. Some 117,000 had even signed up ahead of the launch expressing interest.

So how about for the Toyota Mirai? The much touted and advertised fuel cell vehicle, whose “Request Portal” opened on July 10th?

In the first 10 days of availability, Toyota reports 600 persons have expressed interest in being “contacted directly by a Toyota representative to explore the possibility of Mirai ownership.”
Source: http://insideevs.com/initial-demand-...mirai-us-good/

The carbon footprint of a fool cell vehicle is much higher than an EV and, at best, the efficiency will be 50% of an EV. People that have them say the refueling locations that do exist aren't set up for retail transactions, so often refilling takes more than 30 minutes. You can read more about all the fails on greencarreports.com. I see hydrogen as a no-go, except for maybe long-range trucking.