Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
I have been waiting for a linux revolution since I was 15. I am not holding my breath on this one. Linux suffers from the same problems that plague android: Fragmentation. So many different manufacturers do so many different things to their version of Android, you end up with experiences that spoil the core software. I really enjoy android on my Nexus 5 and 7, but can't stand the very popular Samsung version. Not to mention getting updates months later, etc.

The same thing that makes linux distros so wonderful, distros tailor made to a specific purpose like MINT or edubuntu, keep people from being able to pick something. The necessary command line operations also keeps the public away.

Linux is great if you are into computers as a hobby. If you need it to work for work, and don't have time to mess with it, stick with Windows or OSX. For my line of work, CAD programs are heavily windows biased. Excel and our management program are windows native as well (they can be successfully run in a VM, but CAD programs are often too resource intensive to be successful in a VM).
I can agree with that. If you wanted Linux in the workplace it would have to be tailor made to suit the needs of that particular company and that sounds like it would be expensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk