Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Pick-Up

Interesting Pick-Up

Okay, so this week has been the week of interesting car discoveries.
    And in the process of searching for a picture of a Rally Style VW, I came across this....:

I know its not a Toyota, but that is one awesome looking pickup I think...

I can't find the one article I was reading,
    But it comes with two TDI motor options.
    one being bi-turbo and the other naturally aspirated.
    I am sure you car guys have heard of it but I thought I would open up a thread for discussion of something different.

Re: Interesting Pick-Up

I remember reading about it in some 4X magazine..
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I hope the "roll bar" mounting isn't an indicator of the amount of thought put into the rest of the vehicle

Looks neat though . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

These look like they were taken at Pismo:

actually a pretty cool truck. full body on frame, seems somewhat capable. shame we wont get it in the states. vw is saying they would have to move 100k unit for it to be worth their while. i just dont see 100k people running out and buying a vw truck. they dont either i guess.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Still a VW, still junk..

VW, BMW, MB, Audi are all junk in my expierance.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Looks like Pismo but also looks like they were photochopped on there. I think the tires were part of the original picture, but the body was chopped on there.

I believe I heard that they will be using many of these as support vehicles for the Dakar 2010 for various roles.
    My signature

One article I was reading,
    says that there might be an off-road package included with a rear e-locker!
    Also I read that one model might have a selectible t-case.

I need to find that dang article....

I like it, and I like it being available with a diesel.

I read the thread title, and I thought this was a thread about some guy trying to get a chic.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

What's an "Amarok" anyways? Is Volkswagen making up words again?
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast