Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any experience with Camelback Toyota?

Anyone have any experience with Camelback Toyota?

I'm in the market for some new lower ball joints and these guys came up while searching for part numbers.

http://parts.camelbacktoyota.com/par...?siteid=214329

Does anyone here have any experience with them? One reason I ask is that guys were having pricing and return issues with their orders (not ball joints). On their site I'm finding the parts I need. The right side is $85.93 and the left side is $78.17. The generic image blow up is the same as the Tacomas which is fine I just don't want to run into a problem with returning items if they aren't the correct ones. The fact these are two different prices makes me step back to get a good look.

$164 for both with free shipping seems like a pretty good deal. They don't use Toyota part numbers for the look up so I may call to confirm the parts.

Is there a part number or way to tell that these are the updated joints with the little rock shields over the boots?

The part numbers I have scribbled down from a search are:
    R) 43330-39585
    L) 43340-39465

I'm not sure if these are the updated versions.

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/t...330-39585.html

87 for the RHS,

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/t...340-39465.html

79 for the LHS.

I have ordered from them before and was very pleased. Only thing I was not pleased with was the description from Toyota that ended up being vague.

When you look up those part numbers, they are for late 01-02 MY. I am not sure why there is differences in the years. Specifically March 01-end of 02.

When I search for my ball joints, they come up as 43330-39415 (R) and 43340-39325 (L). Those are good for 96-middle of 01 MY.

The shields are for the later ball joints, so I am not sure if there is a difference in the casting or what, but the part number for the shields are:
    43346-60011 for L and R sides.
    http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/t...346-60011.html

As for that particular storefront, I have no experience or any anecdotal evidence either way.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 12-24-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Cool thanks. Nice to have the shield part numbers as well just in case. I want to avoid the Tacoma joints and want the correct year for me. If they don't come with shields, like maybe there are for 01-02, I know where to get them.

Thanks

FWIW, when I look up for the 96-early 01, it says the shields are "not applicable". I'd look around and see if anyone is fitting the shields to the early joints, or if they are a late joint only thing. The shield attaches to the BJ via 2 of the bolts that hold it to the knuckle, so maybe the BJ's are slightly different to fit the shields. I guess you could order one of each provided you could return one or sell it off.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Hot glue gun would fix all that. The right joint is the important part.

I haven't seen much about the shields but also haven't searched it out yet.

figure it out lol. I found some odd movement in my drive LBJ....maybe fine, maybe not so fine....gotta buy a new pair

The shields are just to protect the boot from damage, correct? seems like we could make a two piece shield that clips around the boot and snugs up to the forged arm on the A arm.

I think Avy is the only one whos seen them so far. I cant see why they would be limited to 01-02 We've got the same arms so the clearence and geometry should be the same.

I'll chime in. I still don't know why 01-02 got the boot alone, all years of the sequoia and tundra also got it up to there redesigns.

They look no different to the others the only explanation I guess in 01-02 the dust boot on the ball joint was a thinner rubber, and rocks, could cut through it easier and cause the grease to leak that would cause premature failure.

I went with a set from eBay that had upper lower BJs, inner and outer tie rods for just a few more then the price off two ball joints.

So the shields should have no problem fitting on the early ball joints? Any idea what the difference is from early to late, besides the possibly thinner boot? Related to the recall?
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 12-25-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast