Thread: So so heat and lower rad hose not hot

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So so heat and lower rad hose not hot

Ok so this is interesting. Over the summer I replaced thermostat, both rad hoses, rad, waterpump and t-belt. Didnt notice till today when its like 9F outside, but the heat isnt pushing like it should it seems. Upper rad hose is hot but not so hot I cant hold onto it, lower is cold. I cleared out the cooling system and everything seemed fine this past summer, seemed like no clogs.

Bad t-stat? Water pump cant possibly be bad, I think I woulda overheated. Temp gauge is about a tick mark off from the middle, so I know its getting hot. Perhaps I have the wrong t-stat? It came with the t-belt kit from ebay from aircabin man (the kit everyone seems to buy) and was a denso/toyota part I recall.

Clogged heatercore? Bad waterpump, bad or wrong temp t-stat? Or is it just to damn cold? I stuck some cardboard in front of the rad but didnt seem like it did much.

The truck was fully warmed up just now when I checked all this.

Edited to add: Just removed the cap, damn coolant isnt even hot!!!!! Coolant didnt fly out either like you normally get..ugh I think the rad is clogged...brand freaking new!!!
    Last edited by CJM; 01-07-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX