I threw half a can of SeaFoam in the tank to clean things up a bit. It's been at least 3 months since I have driven the 4runner anywhere except that 3 mile trip. I will wait for the results. I know I'm going to have to run out to Yucca tomorrow or Saturday for some rusty metal primer so it should burn through.

Also I have found the definitive culprit for my stutters, stalls, and crappy driving when I was talking to battlewagon tonight. He has been having problems too and our base has been known for buying and selling S*it gas. We both filled up the same day and got the same grade. So I'm going to rule out my truck as being faulty for the moment.

In other news my rollbar is ready to paint (well at least mostly). I made the washers for the wheel well and re-welded the feet on with the right amount taken out. Honestly it was a lot easier than I thought it would be and my welding is improved. Instead of looking like a line of spot welds I was able to work the puddle and meld the metal. Still working on a seam but for welding about 5 times total I think I am doing fairly well. I will be adding a tube clamp to the roll bar so it will remain removable in the future.

I am going to do the re-gear before I go to Colorado and it boils down to one thing. Torque. The 5vz has a little to spare where I do not and I will be traveling up and down the mountain grades. The little that 4.30 will give me will be more beneficial than the advantage of a slightly larger tire imo....plus I will have an e-locker to boot. If everything goes well it shouldn't take me more than a day and a half to drop both diffs and perform the modifications.